+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Dunnit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just fact checked this Foreign Aid malarkey sinkov: In 2015 it was put into UK law, which means that the government has a legal duty to meet the 0.7% target. The legal duty can’t be enforced through the courts but the International Development Secretary has to explain herself to parliament if we don’t meet it. By 2020 we will be giving away almost £15 billion. Jesus wept!
    That's right BT, we have by law got to give this money away. If there aren't enough worthy causes it doesn't matter, we still have to give the money away somehow, it's insanity when there is so much it could be spent on here. I am not against foreign aid per se, no decent reasonable person could be, if we can help then we should, but the 0.7% should be, if not eradicated, then reduced. But it's one of those neat political traps isn't it, anyone proposing a reduction will become a victim of the outraged PC Brigade and shamed for posterity. So it won't happen, and billions that could be spent on the NHS and Social Care in this country will end up in the Foreign Aid black hole. Still you won't hear the fat cats running Oxfam, Greenpeace, the WWF and dozens (or should that be hundreds) of other quangos complaining as they trouser the loot.

Two obvious topics are on the table for debate today:

1). Scrap the Royal Family, (as soon as is practically possible).

2). Stop giving away the thick end of £15 billion quid per calendar year that does not seem to be making any real difference anywhere.

Two different things to sort out on a Sunday BT, far too much to ask. Let's just sort out the most expensive one by far, and leave Brenda alone.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Two different things to sort out on a Sunday BT, far too much to ask. Let's just sort out the most expensive one by far, and leave Brenda alone.
    I've really got my teeth into this one now sinkov, the more I look the worse it gets. I just knew the Phucking Tories and Lib Dems would be behind this nonsense..."Enshrined into law by the coalition government in 2015, foreign aid spending has, like the NHS, long been ringfenced from years of austerity cuts. Last year, the government hit its 0.7% spending target, contributing a total of £13.9bn to the international aid budget. Can it possibly get any worse other than to find out Clegg and Cameron are at the end of the bung?

I believe it was Israel that has satellites and spy equipment that picked up information concerning Iran's actions in the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman.I am sure Israel has nano satellites. Israel has the eyes and ears over this region.in fact it can not afford not to have! They would have passed this info to Trump ,the rest we know, American sends its warships to the gulf. I will not say Iran is guilty,but as I child I used to play ''I spy with my little eye .....etc ''

But looking into the black bag we can pick out one player - Iran, now Iran has presently very hard sanctions there. What happens with sanctions - Unrest ,the currency buys less ,people protest in the streets etc etc.

Iran can not call Trump to talks ,why because Trump is in a superior position.He can simply say your Nuclear
    Attempts must stop ,together with pulling Iranian troops out of Syria, no funding Hamas Hezbullah .....what ever!!!!

So Iran must try to bring Trump to them,they have to reverse the situation.To do this they have to cause chaos on that Straits of Hormuz.why? Because the Strait of Hormuz is a narrow, strategically important strait between the Gulf of Oman in the south east and the Persian Gulf. On the north coast is Iran and on the south coast is the United Arab Emirates and Musandam, an exclave of Oman. The strait at its narrowest is 21 nautical miles (39 km) wide,and is considered one of the most, if not the most strategic strait of water on the planet.
    Through its waters, in giant ocean-going tankers, passes much of the oil from Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.That is almost 19 m barrels of oil,everyday. Remember Iran has a ban on its oil sales in 2017 = 66 bill dollars. By somehow blocking tankers passing this waterway ,the worlds prices in oil would start to rise.

What Iran did it failed ! Film has been shown of the Navy of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps speed boats approaching a tanker and removing something. Well, on this I would say Iran is guilty. That's my vision of this conflict ( one thing for sure if Iran stops funding its proxy groups ,the Pally v Issi conflict counld end !!!)

I've just read the Israelis have done it to get Iran and the Saudis at each others throats. And that one I can believe!

It's all conjecture.

It could be Israel, Iran or the USA.

I wouldn't be surprised whoever it was - but until we find out then taking sides is very dangerous.
    We have been here before.

The USA will certainly put pressure on us and others to take action against Iran - but that would be totally wrong until we see the smoking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "and the USA have got previous in precipitating unrest in the Middle East."

And Iran hasn't ? It's their propensity for creating unrest in the region that has led to the sanctions in the first place. They are financing and arming Hamas, Hezbollah, the Houthis, they support the Assad regime in Syria, their proxies are currently firing missiles into Israel and Saudi Arabia. Of course none of this proves they are attacking oil tankers as well, but as that is something they've often threatened to do, why wouldn't they ?
    Just a thought. If Israeli commandos indeed did the dirty deed and got Iran and its sworn enemies across the Gulf in Sunni Islam countries and states like Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia at each others throats, how good would that be for Israel, Russia and the US? Oil prices shooting up, loads of weapons and fighter planes ordered. Ye Gods it's pay day! It's time to buy shares in BAE methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It all sounds a bit fishy to me.

For once I am on Corbyn's side on this one. We need to establish the truth here and I simply can't give the USA the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Without doubt Trump would like all countries to follow his lead and impose strict sanctions on Iran...and the USA have got previous in precipitating unrest in the Middle East.

Jeremy Hunt is practically dancing to Trumps tune and I feel very uncomfortable about it.

We need certain proof here before something serious happens and I'm sure we all remember Saddams weapons of mass destruction which never existed. Still, along with the USA we made a packet from the aftermath.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280
    I'm seriously starting to think it's Israel to increase tensions between Iran and the UAE and its ally Saudi Arabia who have both been heavily involved in bombing Yemen with Iran supporting the other side. 3/1 sounds like good odds to me.

BT: A nice thought above ,but practically how could Israel do this without Iran knowing? An Israeli ship, with military personal? It must have military personal to be able to place a mine or some destructive devise? What defence weapons must it carry if in trouble, to defend itself? If Iran knew an Israeli ship was close by?? To be near that waterway? Iran must know who passes near that waterway. If Israel did attempt to cause some damage and the attempt failed ,what would be the relationship between Israel and those Sunny states.
    Those same states are opening up to Israel soon,those states being Sunny find Israel to be a friend as Israel opposes the same Shia regime as they do ,why destroy a friendship which has never gotten as close as this?
    Could an Israeli ship sail down the Red Sea with the Iranians backing the Houthis in the port of Hodeidah? Then sail all the way around S Arabia being undetected? No B T, you have to be practical.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)