+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To those considering....

To those considering....

...renewing or buying season tickets:

“Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me”

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    ...renewing or buying season tickets:

“Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me”
    ^^^this^^^

we all bltch and moan that we cant get rid of him, and in fairness we are the ones keeping him here

For those considering buying season tickets it's a case of being Newcastle United supporters regardless of owner, managing director, manager or certain players or even who the tea ladies are.
    It's not a case of fool me anything.
    Nobody has to be fooled into supporting/being a fan of a football team and being a season ticket holder. You do it because you love your club, if you can afford the ticket. If not you pay at the door if you can get in, or watch it on TV if you can't make it for money issues or geographical issues.
    If anyone's going to be fooled into being a so called fan of a football club it's the plastic fans who latch onto the one's that's winning the most trophies, by whatever means and motive.

Many fans on here and in Newcastle....outside of Newcastle into surrounding areas and throughout the country and as far away as in many other countries, support Newcastle United, unconditionally in any way they can.
    Anyone that refuses to support the club or decide not to be a fan until certain people vacate, is their choice, just don't pretend you were a fan unconditionally when the better times eventually come along to suit your stance.

I mean, howay, think about it? Imagine a fan deciding not to be a fan until someone vacates. Imagine that someone being the owner for 30 or 40 years and then leaves. You get a 60 odd year old Newcastle United fan? supporter? that now chooses to re-engage with the club he/she now professes to love through thick of thin.

And yet some fans berate season ticket holders for being regular match day spectators, as if they're some kind of black leg.
    It seriously makes me wonder.

nobody at all is suggesting that we wont be fans of Newcastle United.
    The point is to NOT give that fat man another penny. The only impact we can have that will make him sit up and take notice is to stop going to games. The knock on effect will be huge. We are one of the most popular sides on sky sports, they will feck us off if every live game has an empty stadium. His precious SD name will be dragged through the mud by the media reporting an empty staduim

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    nobody at all is suggesting that we wont be fans of Newcastle United.
    The point is to NOT give that fat man another penny. The only impact we can have that will make him sit up and take notice is to stop going to games. The knock on effect will be huge. We are one of the most popular sides on sky sports, they will feck us off if every live game has an empty stadium. His precious SD name will be dragged through the mud by the media reporting an empty staduim
    If you're a fan then you watch your team, whether it's at the ground, on TV on the radio or through a stream. If you're a fan and buy a cup, shirt, badge, thimble, coaster or whatever with Newcastle United attached to it, you're a supporter.
    Having a half empty stadium doesn't do the city of Newcastle or the fan base any favours in terms of gaining further future love for the club.
    If people want to stay away from the ground then that's their choice. Just remember that a near full ground is testament to how much the fans love this football club and really don't have this frenzy hatred of all things happening.
    In my opinion a lot of it is borne from social media and forums with people simply following a pack mentality without really knowing fully why their disgruntlement over certain issues turns to hatred and bile to the point where some actually appear to be having break down moments.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If you're a fan then you watch your team, whether it's at the ground, on TV on the radio or through a stream. If you're a fan and buy a cup, shirt, badge, thimble, coaster or whatever with Newcastle United attached to it, you're a supporter.
    Having a half empty stadium doesn't do the city of Newcastle or the fan base any favours in terms of gaining further future love for the club.
    If people want to stay away from the ground then that's their choice. Just remember that a near full ground is testament to how much the fans love this football club and really don't have this frenzy hatred of all things happening.
    In my opinion a lot of it is borne from social media and forums with people simply following a pack mentality without really knowing fully why their disgruntlement over certain issues turns to hatred and bile to the point where some actually appear to be having break down moments.
    The positive effect on the city of the club currently is a tiny fraction of what it could be and it’s obvious that short term action to get rid of the cancer currently at the club would be worth it so that some of this potential could be realized under decent ownership.
    I don’t agree that a full ground now is testament to how much we love the club. Anyone who calls that into doubt knows nothing about NUFC. Those that have decided not to go are the ones who really love the club because they have made a personal sacrifice (not just the game, but the day out) for NUFC. Those that go have not.
    It’s not possible that anyone cannot understand why fans are disgruntled. Our owner does not invest reasonably in the squad. This is very clear.

The positive effect on the city of the club currently is a tiny fraction of what it could be and it’s obvious that short term action to get rid of the cancer currently at the club would be worth it so that some of this potential could be realized under decent ownership.
    I don’t agree that a full ground now is testament to how much we love the club. Anyone who calls that into doubt knows nothing about NUFC. Those that have decided not to go are the ones who really love the club because they have made a personal sacrifice (not just the game, but the day out) for NUFC. Those that go have not.
    It’s not possible that anyone cannot understand why fans are disgruntled. Our owner does not invest reasonably in the squad. This is very clear.
    This last sentence is very important. It's not as though he's expected to put any of his own money in. Just do what other clubs do, particularly the three promoted clubs each season and make the funds that the club has earned and been provided with available to the manager's discretion.

If he did this then in the dim and distant future he may gain a modicum of support.

As I pointed out in another post, before the Fatman arrived to crap on us regularly we were up there with the Liverpools and Arsenals and comfortably above the Evertons.

Now we have the likes of West Ham, Watford, Wolves and Leicester comfortably above us. And it's not thanks to the manager for that, it's the fault of the owner.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 16-06-2019 at 09:38 AM.

The positive effect about the club is fine. The positive effect about the owner is not.
    Two massive differences even though people correlate them both as one.

I don’t agree that a full ground now is testament to how much we love the club.
    Fine. I totally disagree but then again we all have our opinions.
    I personally think a full ground is a massive testament to how much this club is loved, regardless of who owns or runs it.

Anyone who calls that into doubt knows nothing about NUFC.
    I don't even know what this actually means. Do you know what this means?

Those that have decided not to go are the ones who really love the club because they have made a personal sacrifice (not just the game, but the day out) for NUFC.
    A personal sacrifice for what? Cutting off their own nose to spite their own face?
    If someone wants to stay away due to emotional reasons over a singular person then fine, it's their choice. I don't think they love the club any less but they have attached conditions to how they interact with it, which, again, is fair enough.
    A fan/supporter who attaches no conditions to the love of their club means exactly what it says. You are a thick and thin supporter/fan and no one person or group will ever change that, nor will relegations or results, etc, etc, etc.

Those that go have not.
    Those that go do so because they love their club and love the football, regardless. They do not go to the stadium to waste their time stewing over advertising boards or whether the owner is there or not, or whether he's smiling or not.
    They may chant a few discontened words during a game, whether it's towards an owner or the board or the players....but the crux of the matter is, they go to watch the team that is put onto that pitch, no matter what... and that's why the crowds are what they are, because the fans are loyal to Newcastle United football club which is a football club they love, no matter who is in tenancy.

My love for the club does not change, no matter what. I have absolutely no conditions on my support. I just thank my lucky stars I have a club to carry on supporting, whether in the premier league or non-league.

I think anyone can understand why fans get disgruntled. Every fan has a right to feel whatever they wish but to say the owner doesn't invest reasonably in the squad is your opinion of which I disagree with.
    I'd say the owner does invest very reasonably in the squad. The issue is he doesn't invest massive amounts of net spending into the squad in line with what some fans think the club should, given it's size.

I tend to look a bit deeper but that's not to say I wouldn't be unhappy if we spent a few bob extra. I'm just in a mind of wait and see what happens at every turn, whether I see changes or whatever... and I simply hope it's a case of enhancement of the squad, however small it may be.
    I see that, even if people don't.

Fatty gets nothing off me,the same as the local smackheads dont when they try and sell knock off goods.Why,because they are both thieving scrotes,horrible people that steal off good people,treat people like sh1te.
    The fact I give Ashley nothing,the fact others give Ashley nothing doesn't make us bad supporters.Personally I do it because I want him gone,I care about my club and I want that horrible individual as far away from the club as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

I tend to look a bit deeper but that's not to say I wouldn't be unhappy if we spent a few bob extra. I'm just in a mind of wait and see what happens at every turn, whether I see changes or whatever... and I simply hope it's a case of enhancement of the squad, however small it may be.
    I see that, even if people don't.
    I see. So you think you look more deeply into this than other supporters who don’t agree with you? I would suggest that someone who gives up a lifetime of going to the games in protest has probably thought ‘deeply’ about this. Perhaps more than someone who carries on going regardless of anything that happens at the club?

You are happy with a ‘slight enhancement’ of the squad? While teams around us and those promoted invest heavily and renovate their squads each season then I’m at a loss to understand your point of view.
    If we slightly enhance our squad we will bounce along at the bottom, Sunderland style, before inevitably being relegated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)