+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To those considering....

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I see. So you think you look more deeply into this than other supporters who don’t agree with you?
    That depends on how deep a person wants to look.
    And as for people not agreeing with me. They are entitled to disagree with me just as I am with them. That's what debates and opinions are all about. It's down to who think they're more correct in their stance.

The issue with it is, none of us have all of the facts, so we all speculate as to what the closest version of a story can potentially be.

I would suggest that someone who gives up a lifetime of going to the games in protest has probably thought ‘deeply’ about this.
    If a person chooses to give up being a supporter it's their choice. I have no problem with any person who gives up being a supporter. Someone else inevitably takes their place and when the rough is replaced by the accepted smooth then many of those people will likely support the club again.

Perhaps more than someone who carries on going regardless of anything that happens at the club?
    I call it unconditional support.
    Let's think of a few songs.
    Who's that team we call United,
    Who's that team we all adore,
    Oh, we play in Black and White,
    And we all know how to fight,
    We'll support you ever more.

What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
    It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

You are happy with a ‘slight enhancement’ of the squad? While teams around us and those promoted invest heavily and renovate their squads each season then I’m at a loss to understand your point of view.
    Many times I'm not happy about a lot of things but I accept them because I accept being an unconditional fan/supporter.
    This isn't about one person being ousted and all is well. This is about the entirety of the club at any point in time, being a football club as we know it, called Newcastle United.

If we slightly enhance our squad we will bounce along at the bottom, Sunderland style, before inevitably being relegated.
    Clearly we aren't bouncing along at the bottom and are not doing anything Sunderland style.

12th best club in the entire football league in terms of finish and not too far from inside the 10 but for a few points.
    Does that make all the other teams around and below us, pointless?
    Does it warrant fans boycotting their club, or is it a sense of entitlement with some fans that Newcastle United deserve a better owner and trophies, just because we've won a few since 1892?

Phucking hell man!

good god

The ramblings of a mad man.

Get help man !

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    The ramblings of a mad man.
    Aye.

It's something else.

Dear me!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The positive effect about the club is fine. The positive effect about the owner is not.
    Two massive differences even though people correlate them both as one.

Fine. I totally disagree but then again we all have our opinions.
    I personally think a full ground is a massive testament to how much this club is loved, regardless of who owns or runs it.

I don't even know what this actually means. Do you know what this means?

A personal sacrifice for what? Cutting off their own nose to spite their own face?
    If someone wants to stay away due to emotional reasons over a singular person then fine, it's their choice. I don't think they love the club any less but they have attached conditions to how they interact with it, which, again, is fair enough.
    A fan/supporter who attaches no conditions to the love of their club means exactly what it says. You are a thick and thin supporter/fan and no one person or group will ever change that, nor will relegations or results, etc, etc, etc.

Those that go do so because they love their club and love the football, regardless. They do not go to the stadium to waste their time stewing over advertising boards or whether the owner is there or not, or whether he's smiling or not.
    They may chant a few discontened words during a game, whether it's towards an owner or the board or the players....but the crux of the matter is, they go to watch the team that is put onto that pitch, no matter what... and that's why the crowds are what they are, because the fans are loyal to Newcastle United football club which is a football club they love, no matter who is in tenancy.

My love for the club does not change, no matter what. I have absolutely no conditions on my support. I just thank my lucky stars I have a club to carry on supporting, whether in the premier league or non-league.

I think anyone can understand why fans get disgruntled. Every fan has a right to feel whatever they wish but to say the owner doesn't invest reasonably in the squad is your opinion of which I disagree with.
    I'd say the owner does invest very reasonably in the squad. The issue is he doesn't invest massive amounts of net spending into the squad in line with what some fans think the club should, given it's size.

I tend to look a bit deeper but that's not to say I wouldn't be unhappy if we spent a few bob extra. I'm just in a mind of wait and see what happens at every turn, whether I see changes or whatever... and I simply hope it's a case of enhancement of the squad, however small it may be.
    I see that, even if people don't.
    Waffle

There are a few points I can see, if not agree where Barabus is coming from but the main difference in opinion lies in the defence of our owner alas.

Bet ghost is a one when served a manky pint just continues to drink it then says well it was better than no pint at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)