+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National League betting 2019/20

National League betting 2019/20

At last a couple of bookies are offering National League relegation odds for next season and Notts look great value at 25/1 to go down again. There are four relegation places in this league, and considering the shambles we have become at the moment that looks way overpriced to me. I have had a few quid on with an eye on the cashout option, because unless we are up near the top after the first few games those odds will soon tumble.

Plus, if we did go into administration and were hit with a points deduction you would be guaranteed a profit before a ball has been kicked.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...gue/relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At last a couple of bookies are offering National League relegation odds for next season and Notts look great value at 25/1 to go down again. There are four relegation places in this league, and considering the shambles we have become at the moment that looks way overpriced to me. I have had a few quid on with an eye on the cashout option, because unless we are up near the top after the first few games those odds will soon tumble.

Plus, if we did go into administration and were hit with a points deduction you would be guaranteed a profit before a ball has been kicked.

Aren't the bets void if a club goes into admin?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Aren't the bets void if a club goes into admin?
    I'm not certain, but I don't think so. The bookies should take the possibility of it happening into account when forming the market. It's a bit like an ante-post horse bet where the favourite gets a sudden injury and all other prices shorten, but seeing as you got on before it happened the longer odds would stand. I'll have to see if I can find out for sure.

Despite the odds and as our club is at the moment. Even with our squad. I could never puty money on a relegation. I think best money would be a promotion from playoffs

got to be worth 20 pence each way ..x

Agreed, they look tempting. I think if we go into admin and get a points deduction, we'll almost certainly be relegated - and admin is a distinct possibility. Even if we don't go into admin, we are highly likely to struggle with only a couple of weeks to get recruitment sorted.

Yes, there will be only a short time before the season starts but transfer windows don’t apply in the National League. For instance, Matt Green (now at Grimsby) left Lincoln and played for Salford in December last year before the window opened.

I'm not certain, but I don't think so. The bookies should take the possibility of it happening into account when forming the market. It's a bit like an ante-post horse bet where the favourite gets a sudden injury and all other prices shorten, but seeing as you got on before it happened the longer odds would stand. I'll have to see if I can find out for sure.

Paddy Power rules
    if a points deduction is imposed on a team such that it finishes the season within the relegation places which are relevant to the applicable league, bets on that team to be relegated will be settled as winning bets

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    Paddy Power rules
    if a points deduction is imposed on a team such that it finishes the season within the relegation places which are relevant to the applicable league, bets on that team to be relegated will be settled as winning bets
    Thanks for that. Anyone who thinks we will end up in administration should lump on, because the 25/1 will drop dramatically.

Thanks for that. Anyone who thinks we will end up in administration should lump on, because the 25/1 will drop dramatically.
    I assume though, that if we are liquidated we lose our club and our money?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast