+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May's consortium or liquidation?

May's consortium or liquidation?

There has been a lot said about May's consortium and that people wouldn't go if they took over but if it came down to May's consortium or liquidation which would you choose?

Norman Smurthwaite

I think I'd choose admin before May's consortium if at all possible.

We aren't in control of anything so we as fans simply don't have the choice to pick & choose.

My point still stands if May takes over he won't get a penny off me that is funding a criminal and i'm not doing that & I suspect many are in the same boat.

Smurf is not exactly Mr Popular either but he looks a saint compared to what is sniffing around.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We aren't in control of anything so we as fans simply don't have the choice to pick & choose.

My point still stands if May takes over he won't get a penny off me that is funding a criminal and i'm not doing that & I suspect many are in the same boat.

Smurf is not exactly Mr Popular either but he looks a saint compared to what is sniffing around.
    Just playing devils advocate. Hasn't he served his time?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

So you would prefer liquidation to the May consortium?

I would also prefer admin. When that happens, Hardy has no say in who takes over and gets no money for the business itself. He obviously favours the May consortium because they have promised him a good price for the club and maybe continuing in his role as chairman. I will not watch Notts with either May or Hardy involved.

Whoever then buys the club will be whoever is prepared to give the creditors the best deal, which, in turn, is likely to be the group with the most available funds. That must be a good starting point and will rule out the worst scumbags.

No, he was jailed for 6 years in 2014, he very much hasn't, he's obviously out on license as his term finishes in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I would also prefer admin. When that happens, Hardy has no say in who takes over and gets no money for the business itself. He obviously favours the May consortium because they have promised him a good price for the club and maybe continuing in his role as chairman. I will not watch Notts with either May or Hardy involved.

Whoever then buys the club will be whoever is prepared to give the creditors the best deal, which, in turn, is likely to be the group with the most available funds. That must be a good starting point and will rule out the worst scumbags.
    Precisely:

Definitely admin.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast