+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National League betting 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I assume though, that if we are liquidated we lose our club and our money?
    Yes, I think that would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thanks for that. Anyone who thinks we will end up in administration should lump on, because the 25/1 will drop dramatically.
    Isn't that a bit like looting from dead bodies, Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Isn't that a bit like looting from dead bodies, Elite?
    Not really, because whatever will happen will still happen regardless of whether or not you place a bet on it. Try to think of it like taking out a life insurance policy. You don't want to die, but if you do a good few quid will be made from a sad situation.

Paddy Power seemed to be the only option, at 25/1. I use the past tense because they seem to have pulled it. According to Oddschecker "Notts to be relegated at 25/1" was far and away the most popular bet, and that's obviously triggered a reaction. My guess is that when the option reappears, the odds won't be anything like 25/1.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Paddy Power seemed to be the only option, at 25/1. I use the past tense because they seem to have pulled it. According to Oddschecker "Notts to be relegated at 25/1" was far and away the most popular bet, and that's obviously triggered a reaction. My guess is that when the option reappears, the odds won't be anything like 25/1.
    What's the old proverb, the early bird catches the worm?

This is only a small market, so any decent sized bets will ring the alarm bells at the bookies.

I’m putting £25 on Notts to get promoted back to L2 - now, what was that story about the rats leaving a sinking ship?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I’m putting £25 on Notts to get promoted back to L2 - now, what was that story about the rats leaving a sinking ship?
    im now picturing you tearing up your betting slip and season ticket and throwing them together at the dugout in october

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At last a couple of bookies are offering National League relegation odds for next season and Notts look great value at 25/1 to go down again. There are four relegation places in this league, and considering the shambles we have become at the moment that looks way overpriced to me. I have had a few quid on with an eye on the cashout option, because unless we are up near the top after the first few games those odds will soon tumble.

Plus, if we did go into administration and were hit with a points deduction you would be guaranteed a profit before a ball has been kicked.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...gue/relegation

You’ve actually put money on Notts going down ?

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Sad bunch aren’t they !!

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Yes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast