+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National League betting 2019/20

As low as we are at the moment, and being a true supporter of this football club, I would never consider betting against my team for my own financial gratification, and though you seem to have a little band of followers who agree with everything you post , with comments like that , I’m happy , in my reckoning, that you’re a complete ****.

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    As low as we are at the moment, and being a true supporter of this football club, I would never consider betting against my team for my own financial gratification, and though you seem to have a little band of followers who agree with everything you post , with comments like that , I’m happy , in my reckoning, that you’re a complete ****.
    You are entitled to your opinion. The concept of betting against the team you support has been covered many times on here, and the conclusion has always been that some understand it and some don't. Obviously you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion. The concept of betting against the team you support has been covered many times on here, and the conclusion has always been that some understand it and some don't. Obviously you don't.
    i often bet against Notts because my twisted logic means its a win / win if they play well and win i'm happy and if they play badly the money i make takes the edge off the disappointment, i suppose i could always bet on them winning and be double happy some times and double unhappy other times but i prefer the first way.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    i often bet against Notts because my twisted logic means its a win / win if they play well and win i'm happy and if they play badly the money i make takes the edge off the disappointment.
    Me too. I often do it as a consolation bet, but the relegation bet is more taking advantage of what I consider to be very generous odds.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    im now picturing you tearing up your betting slip and season ticket and throwing them together at the dugout in october
    if I knew how to do them !
    lots of smiling faces for that comment !!

Well I'm no gambler, I freely admit that.
    Just doesn't make sense when stories like this are banging about.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...es-win-2984909

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

it does make sense if you understand how bookies decide on the odds

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

The article is complete bollox as usual, because Notts certainly aren't "overwhelming" favourites at all. We are marginal favourites with most, some have us as joint favourites, and one even has us as second favourite. If the odds don't make sense (I think we are way too short), it means betting on the opposite will offer value.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...-league/winner
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 17-06-2019 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Link to odds

Anyone who thinks we are a shoe in for promotion next season needs their head checking.

The 25/1 has gone, best odds for relegation are now down to 20/1.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast