+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Riverside Development / Meadow Lane

Riverside Development / Meadow Lane

Just been looking at the proposed riverside development around Meadow Lane. Although it doesn't ( yet ) include the ground, it comes mighty close. The "red line"looks as though it comes right up to the front door at one point.

Wonder if this is the sticking point in the negotiations that are "Out of our control"?

Link to plans

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/me...mb-for-url.pdf

Go down approx 6 pages to Site Location Plan.
    Last edited by arnapie; 16-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Just been looking at the proposed riverside development around Meadow Lane. Although it doesn't ( yet ) include the ground, it comes mighty close. The "red line"looks as though it comes right up to the front door at one point.

Wonder if this is the sticking point in the negotiations that are "Out of our control"?

Link to plans

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/me...mb-for-url.pdf

Go down approx 6 pages to Site Location Plan.
    Good post. Purchasing the football club will have no bearing on this project as the boundaries clearly show.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Good post. Purchasing the football club will have no bearing on this project as the boundaries clearly show.
    The links had been posted several weeks back.

On a negative note: Buyers could run the club down, the lease lapses and the land become available.
    On a positive note: Buyers might be trying to negotiate a nearby training ground.

In reality, probably neither of the above and AH continues to blunder his way through this nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

On a negative note: Buyers could run the club down, the lease lapses and the land become available.
    On a positive note: Buyers might be trying to negotiate a nearby training ground.

In reality, probably neither of the above and AH continues to blunder his way through this nightmare.
    The lease is for 150 years and if it lapses it would still be in the hands of the council? Probably your last line is the most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

We have a golden triangle of sport in the area of the city around the river with two football clubs and the cricket ground.

Being an idealist I would like to think any plans to develop the city side of the river would include our ground and it be fully integrated into a new development. I think the council if they do have the clubs best interests would make sure this happens.

The Meadow Lane Riverside area of the city could become much more like the West Bridgeford side of the Trent in terms of residential and leisure development.

It would be fantastic to have a community based training ground as part of new development plans near to our home.

Also our ground is essentially boxed in by roads on all four sides so I would welcome the closure of these roads to open them up to pedestrians. That’s then where food, leisure and retail businesses could move in to create a bustling hub, with residential areas further away on the river and to the east.

There is massive potential for that whole Riverside and so long as Notts is a part of that development it could be really good for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    The lease is for 150 years and if it lapses it would still be in the hands of the council? Probably your last line is the most accurate.
    I thought I had read that the lease was only valid whilst ever Notts existed and were playing at a certain level. Nefarious owners could ensure their demise or future demotions.