+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best you've seen us play?

What's the best you've seen us play?

For me it's a choice of two. The Manure 5-0 was incredible. We gave them a proper hiding and played with such invention, pace,, flair...everything. They were a fantastic team and we hammered them.

The other one was the Leicester 7-1...the 'Andy Cole game'. at the end of our promotion season. Every time we went forward we looked like we could score. It looked like a premier league team against division 2.

happy days.

Yours?

The man u game when we got beat I thought we were the better side
    The game we destroyed spurs
    Liverpool 4-3 .beaten again but I thought we were incredible
    Barcelona game

The whole Keegan era and the majority of the Robson era were a delight.

It was a pleasure to follow our great club up and down the country...

No expectation, no delusion... just pure enjoyment...

And we nearly phucking done it too....

Agree with mick

The one I remember most apart from trouncing Manure 5-0 and the look on Fergie's face was the come back from 0-4 down against Arsenal and I'm conviced we were cheated out of a win there.

They reckon White Hart Lane was rocking as much as St. James' Park as the reports came through.

I have to go for the 5-0 hammering of Man Utd first. Then the 3-2 win over Barcelona.
    The 8-0 win over Sheff Wed and the 7-1 win over Tottenham.
    But two matches stand out massively with me.

The first was The 4-3 win against Man Utd when Roy Keane was sent off.

The second one is when we beat Liverpool 2-0 and seeing Enrique and Carroll coming back to supposedly haunt us and both leaving with egg on their faces and Liverpool humiliated and in disarray.

Naturally the 4-4 against Arsenal has to be mentioned and the Liverpool away games when we lost 4-3, twice.

There's a good few more.

The 2nd 4-3 at liverpool we were phucking awful... folklore suggests otherwise because it suits the SKYsports narrative.

[QUOTE=waalsendmick;39248970]The 2nd 4-3 at liverpool we were phucking awful... folklore suggests otherwise because it suits the SKYsports narrative.[/QUOT

Ghost has said all of mine bar one. When Alan S scored too very late goals 89/91st min or as to draw 3-3 I think with Leicester we were down 3-0 I think!

[QUOTE=Curian;39249002]
    Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    The 2nd 4-3 at liverpool we were phucking awful... folklore suggests otherwise because it suits the SKYsports narrative.[/QUOT

Ghost has said all of mine bar one. When Alan S scored too very late goals 89/91st min or as to draw 3-3 I think with Leicester we were down 3-0 I think!
    I don't remember a 3-3. I remember winning 4-3 after being 3-1 down (Heskey got the 3rd) and Al got two late ones?

[QUOTE=Zippity;39249015]
    Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post

I don't remember a 3-3. I remember winning 4-3 after being 3-1 down (Heskey got the 3rd) and Al got two late ones?
    Maybe your right my mind is not what it was lol did Big Al score 3?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)