+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killlie

Killlie

Seem to get managers with a wee bit of pedigree without much problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Very strange appointment.

He's on a hiding to nothing ,Clarke over achieved more than at any time I can remember they were relegation candidates when he took over ,don't know much about the guy but with that pedigree and CV seems strange to end up in Ayrshire...I'll give him till Christmas....

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Very strange appointment.
    Strange, surprising, different, radical, blunder, genius....who knows.....it does make our selection of Jazza who beat off Kenny Miller and Goodwin an uninterested John Robertson and Derek Adams and 145 other unknowns a bit ordinary.

I'll take ordinary if it works though.

Strange, surprising, different, radical, blunder, genius....who knows.....it does make our selection of Jazza who beat off Kenny Miller and Goodwin an uninterested John Robertson and Derek Adams and 145 other unknowns a bit ordinary.

I'll take ordinary if it works though.
    More than likely helped by Steve Clarke and his network of connections on this one.

On the other hand -

26 years in a row in the top league
    2 major trophies in recent times
    18,000 plus stadium that belongs to them and now valued over £6 million
    Prudent wage spending in the past
    Prudent wage spending now - 2018 £2.8million salaries in £5.2million turnover is not a bad ratio
    Benefitted from Naismith sale in 2007 for about £2 million to stabilise them when they needed it

A well run stable club these days after some nightmare scenarios in the early 90's when they were even in the 3rd tier. St Johnstone often get trotted out as a model club but I think Killie are better, and never get left out for example they are in Elite tier of Project Brave.

are we just falling further and further behind similar sized clubs or is it just me being grumpy ?? .,,

Also imo we need to watch that we don’t do a Falkirk next season .

I hope we don’t go down the route of signing players just for the sake of it but recruitment is even more ***** this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    are we just falling further and further behind similar sized clubs or is it just me being grumpy ?? .,,

Also imo we need to watch that we don’t do a Falkirk next season .

I hope we don’t go down the route of signing players just for the sake of it but recruitment is even more ***** this season.
    Yes.

Think of it this way

How many smaller clubs are above us?

How many bigger clubs are below us?

If your looking for stability look no further than killie, Motherwell and St j......god knows how long their combined continuous top flight status is but must be around 60 years plus.

Although until recently with killie these 3 teams supports haven't really responded to the success they have had on the park.

Not sure that's true...they got lucky with Clarke imo...before that they had Jefferies Calderwood Johnson Locke Shiels McCulloch and Mixu ffs...not much pedigree there

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Not sure that's true...they got lucky with Clarke imo...before that they had Jefferies Calderwood Johnson Locke Shiels McCulloch and Mixu ffs...not much pedigree there
    Jeffries no pedigree??? Tango man b4 he got ill no pedigree???

They cud both probably appear at crufts.

Jeffries no pedigree??? Tango man b4 he got ill no pedigree???

They cud both probably appear at crufts.
    Seriously Calderwood has won 2 Fife cups and spent big money at Aberdeen to win fu@k all... Jefferies did win the Scottish Cup with Hearts...but he would get football stopped

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)