+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T car tyers

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    John2, try looking at Tyron Bands fitted to the tyres on your camper van. Expensive but well worth it.
    Thanks for the tip, hadn't heard of these. I'll bare them in mind for the future but looks like they might need replacing each time you switch over tyres(?), and as I've been taking the van skiing a lot I switch tyres twice a year between winter/summer.

Also, after my tyre exploded I'm quite sceptical how useful anything would have been. It failed quite suddenly and spectacularly, exploding at 70mph. I actually thought something in the engine had failed as I could see debris in the mirror and everything was shaking. I was so lucky it literally happened at the entrance of a lay by on the A42 and I retained complete control. Scary stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, hadn't heard of these. I'll bare them in mind for the future but looks like they might need replacing each time you switch over tyres(?), and as I've been taking the van skiing a lot I switch tyres twice a year between winter/summer.

Also, after my tyre exploded I'm quite sceptical how useful anything would have been. It failed quite suddenly and spectacularly, exploding at 70mph. I actually thought something in the engine had failed as I could see debris in the mirror and everything was shaking. I was so lucky it literally happened at the entrance of a lay by on the A42 and I retained complete control. Scary stuff though.

Looks as though you need to borrow my trusty John Bull puncture outfit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12