+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this weeks fixtures, and the season ahead

this weeks fixtures, and the season ahead

I was just talking about this with Albert on another thread (the Womens world cup thread), so I thought Id start a new thread about it because Im also excited about the upcoing fixtures and the new season.

The first season straight after a promotion can sometimes prove to be a good one, a bit of a 'surprise' or two of course, and thats exactly what we did this time 3 years ago when coming back up to this level. Im under no illusions though about how different this league has become now, in what we used to think was our level in the old English Second Division.

All the usual runners and riders will be up there, Leeds & Derby again of course, and the 3 who came down from this season as well. And then you've got the other so called big teams who keep under achieving, like Notts Forest, Sheff Wensdy, QP.Rangers, & Birmingham lol.

Don’t want to put a dampener on your enthusiasm Acido but I have to say that I think that you guys will do extremely well to stay up this year.

The league is probably as tough as it ever has been and probably half off the teams will expect to have a serious chance of going straight up. Can’t easily see 3 teams who are likely to finish below the Tykes. Hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Don’t want to put a dampener on your enthusiasm Acido but I have to say that I think that you guys will do extremely well to stay up this year.
    The league is probably as tough as it ever has been and probably half off the teams will expect to have a serious chance of going straight up. Can’t easily see 3 teams who are likely to finish below the Tykes. Hope I am wrong.
    Hey Yarm, I know that of course and Im trying to remain positive for as long as I can, before the realism of a probable relegation struggle kicks in once again.
    Im/we're hoping for a good season and that means just surviving for now. And IF that happens then great, lets hope we can take it on from there!.

We've got to try and at least match the other teams who came up with us (Luton & Charlton), and we've got to hope that a few Champship teams have a bad season as well and struggle with us. When basic 4th from bottom (or above) is the aim, then it does extend the chances of staying up a bit more!.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-06-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Agree Acido buddy. We (me and “she who must be obeyed”) are also excited to see our performance again in the Championship.
    We also look forward to meeting up again with our neighbouring season ticket seat pals.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Agree Acido buddy. We (me and “she who must be obeyed”) are also excited to see our performance again in the Championship. We also look forward to meeting up again with our neighbouring season ticket seat pals.
    Hey up Victor 'Prando' Meldrew. And can I say to you once again, that 'I dont believe it'. lol
    How do you lot fancy a freezing cold home or away christmas/boxing day game against us jolly old Tykes ?.

We were linked with Liam Lindsay (we need a centre half) but he's off to Stoke for £2 million. Tykes and Baggies loss Stoke's gain in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey up Victor 'Prando' Meldrew. And can I say to you once again, that 'I dont believe it'. lol
    How do you lot fancy a freezing cold home or away christmas/boxing day game against us jolly old Tykes ?.
    Back home for me Acido buddy. Well, I was born in Harrogate, albeit left early 1950s....and no I’m not posh !

Back home for me Acido buddy. Well, I was born in Harrogate, albeit left early 1950s....and no I’m not posh !
    Harrogate eh, well actually that IS a bit posh to us here in West Yorkshire (Wakey & Cas & Ponty etc).

And as for us selling Liam Lindsay, well thats just typical and I dont think he will be the only one to leave for more money this summer.
    Last edited by Acido; 17-06-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Same as me as you know Paul and we weren’t posh either although your old area is a very posh part of the town now!

Have you thought about a pilgrimage back to watch Harrogate Town?

I’ve nearly gone on a couple of occasions but I’m hoping to see a Harrogate v Stourbridge clash at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Same as me as you know Paul and we weren’t posh either although your old area is a very posh part of the town now!

Have you thought about a pilgrimage back to watch Harrogate Town?

I’ve nearly gone on a couple of occasions but I’m hoping to see a Harrogate v Stourbridge clash at some point.
    Harlow Terrace (off Coldbath Road I think) Old terraced houses with back yards. Short walk to the Stray though.
    Harrogate Town eh...who knows someday maybe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)