+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Farther's Day

Farther's Day

The local WI organised a surprise Father's Day BBQ for the dads in the village and even laid on some barrels of ale. No male was allowed within touching distance of a grill and we were not allowed to offer any cooking advice. Personally I had no problem obeying their rules but I think a few did. This was followed by some very competive Sus*** games of Stoolball and a quiz which if our team had listened to me when I said Frey Bentos was in Uruguay and not Argentina we would have done better in. Goodday and late night was had by all.

Anyone else get a surprise treat?

No one likes a smart @rse 923 buddy.
    PS where was Spam from and why ?

PPS both my children (boys) live overseas (Canada and Oz) so Fathers Days celebrations are via FaceTime. Also the event is a different day in Oz ?!
    Last edited by Prando; 17-06-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Something to do with pork ham WWii and Yanks I think.

My kids are all away as well. Two 100's of miles away in the UK the other just made his temp job in States permanent. Good luck to them I say but I do wish they were closer almost as much as their mum does.

I was invited to the daughter/SIL's pub to be given the news -- in a rather delightful way -- that they've started brewing their own beer.

I don't remember much of Monday!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)