+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the young lads

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    you DONT improve but at that age level, size IS important and - IMO - coaches will play the bigger kids at the expense of the smaller kids because of the desire to win. It would be very difficult to assess a coach's impact over a ten year period so they want instant success as this reflects well on them.
    That's my experience generally and to be fair, the professional teams to a large extent also follow this.
    The thought is that they can coach / train those that demonstrate a capability if they also have the physique.

Thankfully, the team I am involved with have a presence about developing the individuals, accepting errors or mistakes as learning opportunities. The problem then though is we are being poached by "more successful" teams as they churn and burn youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I have problems with the system in place via Project Brave and whilst very happy that the young lads have done so well, it certainly doesn't alter my view - in fact, perhaps strengthens it - that too much emphasis is placed on winning at this age level as opposed to developing their talents and skills.
    I tend to agree, that although I'm sure that young lads enjoyed winning, were all the opposition of the same competitive mindset. Will they still be playing let alone winning in ten years time or will the coaches priority to win (pick the bigger lads) scunner them?

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I tend to agree, that although I'm sure that young lads enjoyed winning, were all the opposition of the same competitive mindset. Will they still be playing let alone winning in ten years time or will the coaches priority to win (pick the bigger lads) scunner them?
    Spot on Boggie.

I know this is about the kids (and well done to them) but I'm sick fed up of exciting talented players breaking into the first team then absolutely ruining themselves in the gym.

Muscle bulk slows you down.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I know this is about the kids (and well done to them) but I'm sick fed up of exciting talented players breaking into the first team then absolutely ruining themselves in the gym.

Everyone of our first team has their fitness levels monitored, due to science, at any top level match the fitness/endurance/calories etc. are all recorded and the data is there for the sports scientists to analyse which is fed back to the players to benefit them personally and obviously the club, going to the gym for footballers is not about bulking up...leave that to the roiders/knuckleheads that masquerade as tickets.

SF

Well it's all a load of b'ollocks then.

Just get the b'astards to run up and down the Broad Hill a few times then go for a pint.

Well it's all a load of b'ollocks then.

Just get the b'astards to run up and down the Broad Hill a few times then go for a pint.
    If/when Wiggy gets his way, there will be nowhere to go for a pint when you finished going up/down The Broader.

I vaguely remember some fitness coach saying he was going to turn Pawlett into his own pet project & strengthen him up. Which didn’t really do much good. Is the coach still at the club?

They completely destroyed Pawlett.

Well done the young loons!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast