+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congratulations to the young lads

I’m surprised the club haven’t put anything on their website about them winning the trophy.

Really want to know why this hasnt been put on the AFC website? I get they might be waiting for photos but somebody should have been on this first thing this morning

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I tend to agree, that although I'm sure that young lads enjoyed winning, were all the opposition of the same competitive mindset. Will they still be playing let alone winning in ten years time or will the coaches priority to win (pick the bigger lads) scunner them?
    I'm pretty sure that all the teams will be looking to win it. The set up looks like it was there for anyone to win as well, it's just we did win it. We didn't win the last tournament the older boys were in though. It doesn't really matter.

If you are involved with youth football, unless you are an academy, you can forget about thinking you are going to bring on players.

Size doesn't always matter but they will look at parents and make a decision on how they look which is fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    They completely destroyed Pawlett.
    Yes and no.
    When Pawlett had his good spell, it was the first time he'd been injury free for any extended period. I recall reading that he'd been prone to hammy injuries.

Kirk had him working on core strength which seemed to alleviate the hammy issues.

Latterly (and now from what I've seen) he does seem to be a different shape, mebbe too bulky?

I suppose the "art" of sports science depends very much on the desired outcome.

I see the loons got a kick aboot with Robin Van Persie too. Nice touch fae the guy. When i went to Excelsior last season he is held in huge regard as he pumps heaps of cash in youth development in the Rotterdam area. Excelsior even have the Robin van Persie tribune at their ground. He was only there for two years in the youth team

They also met Klass Jan Huntelaar

Can only be good for the loons
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-06-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I see the loons got a kick aboot with Robin Van Persie too. Nice touch fae the guy. When i went to Excelsior last season he is held in huge regard as he pumps heaps of cash in youth development in the Rotterdam area

They also me Klass Jan Huntelaar

Can only be good for the loons
    Still no mention of the loons success on the club website, pretty poor doings that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123