+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christane Endler

Christane Endler

Although Chile lost the game against USNWT (?) the goalkeeper for Chile was absoloultely fantastic !

Indeed she was map. I've watched a good deal of the Womens' World cup and it's blatantly obvious how it's panning out. USA have invested in girls playing soccer at a young age while the boys have concentrated on basketball, baseball and American football. The USA women's team are way ahead of any other team and most likely will win the Cup. However you can see come of the other teams making a real fist of getting into the same vein. It's like athletics used to be, we couldn't start competing with the big guys until we started improving the infrastructure and making it much easier for athletes to train full time and be financed to do it. It's the same with the soccer.

There's been some cracking football that would enhance some of the Premier league games I've watched this season. Equally there's been some really awful stuff. Overall it's been a breath of fresh air away from the histrionics of the Premiership. Just wish I'd had the chance to have a go back in the day.

If the FA had not outlawed womens' football in 1921 ---who knows where we would have been now.
    Many males criticise the womens' game, however, its growth was undoubtedly stunted by the actions of the FA and this is why they are so far behind the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    Indeed she was map. I've watched a good deal of the Womens' World cup and it's blatantly obvious how it's panning out. USA have invested in girls playing soccer at a young age while the boys have concentrated on basketball, baseball and American football. The USA women's team are way ahead of any other team and most likely will win the Cup. However you can see come of the other teams making a real fist of getting into the same vein. It's like athletics used to be, we couldn't start competing with the big guys until we started improving the infrastructure and making it much easier for athletes to train full time and be financed to do it. It's the same with the soccer.

There's been some cracking football that would enhance some of the Premier league games I've watched this season. Equally there's been some really awful stuff. Overall it's been a breath of fresh air away from the histrionics of the Premiership. Just wish I'd had the chance to have a go back in the day.
    Likewise frantastic I have watched most of the games in the Women’s World Cup and enjoyed them by and large. The Lionesses may be good enough to reach the Final if they can avoid the USA en route but the USA are a level above the best of the rest. I will be backing Phil Neville and the team in every match they play.

Serious question, I don't know the answer, are women allowed to play in the same team as men ? If one of these girls was good enough, could she sign for a league club, or even a non league club, or is that strictly verboten ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Serious question, I don't know the answer, are women allowed to play in the same team as men ? If one of these girls was good enough, could she sign for a league club, or even a non league club, or is that strictly verboten ?
    I was wondering the very same thing.

No question, womens footy is on the up.

Fran - do you remember Vanessa Hamlet? She was a terrific player for Rossy Ladies back then.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good article here on the subject. https://www.wired.co.uk/article/why-...tephanie-labbe

I watched the USA with the father-in-law who is obsessed with any type of televised football.

I was seriously impressed with Press, Horan and Lloyd. Technically very good, good physicality and the US would murder England. The father-in-law took a wager on the Lionesses, I gave him 10/1 and no worries whatsoever!

The German ladies look better than half decent too.

I certainly do 59-60 Vanessa was a really good runner and may be still is. I've not seen her for some time now. I'd forgotten she used to play football too. Very competitive and a lovely person.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)