+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay, a done deal

bear in mind there is a sell on clause that BFC will have to cover, I hear rumours its 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    If its 2.5- 3 mill, that's good money, he weren't great in his first season in championship, better last Yr but in LG 1, I don't think losing Liam is the end of the world, pinnock Moore woodrow mowatt and Davies (yea I know he's off), they are more important to keep hold of. Just my opinion. So I expected we'd lose at least 2 maybe up to 4 players this window, and if we only lose lyndsey and Davies, think we can count that as almost a victory. Unfortunately, bigger teams than us have to be looking at pinnock, absolute class above. Mowatt, what more do you want from a midfielder, and Browny, poss mcgeehan an all, just hope we don't lose any more, cos momentum, counts for more than ability sometimes, and we need every edge we can get. Not the end of the world losin Liam, and good luck to the lad, I'd personally stay ere rather than Stoke, but with their money parachute payments etc etc, they make him very rich. Daft to turn down some might say. Not me tho.
    I'd have preferred to keep everyone here and added to the squad but if I was forced to lose a player with a gun held to my head then I'd have chosen Lindsay .

I'll throw another one in to the ring that possibly won't meet favour with a good few on here .

If someone wanted to give me £3m for Kieffer Moore now we are back in the championship I'd snatch their fecking hands off .

Now don't get me wrong he was very good last season in league one and he was missed when he had his head injury .

However he's another one with a big championship question against his name , certainly pulled no trees up when he arrived from Ipswich , two goals wasn't it .

£5m plus for two questionable players at championship level ?

I'd have a piece of that action personally .

Gives Stendel a good war chest does that plus the budget he's already got .

Just my opinion guys , hard hat at the ready .

No hard hat needed animal I fully agree as long as you say stendel gets majority of the money for replacements would it happen who knows

Probably rite animal but would 3 million buy you a proven championship striker? I fear not!!!!

Just seen on sky transfer that we have been linked with a lad from mk Don's. Scored 19 last season and he's out of contract.

No hard hat from me , never rated him , he's a dud !

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'll throw another one in to the ring that possibly won't meet favour with a good few on here .

If someone wanted to give me £3m for Kieffer Moore now we are back in the championship I'd snatch their fecking hands off .

Now don't get me wrong he was very good last season in league one and he was missed when he had his head injury .

However he's another one with a big championship question against his name , certainly pulled no trees up when he arrived from Ipswich , two goals wasn't it .

£5m plus for two questionable players at championship level ?

I'd have a piece of that action personally .

Gives Stendel a good war chest does that plus the budget he's already got .

Just my opinion guys , hard hat at the ready .
    There's 2 ways of looking at it. On the playing side he's not Championship material but he does score goals and occupies defenders (something we missed badly when he was injured).
    The other side is that he seems to be a bit of a talisman and one of the few leaders we've got.
    When he knocks defenders down like skittles he gives the crowd and his teammates a lift.
    As someone else said, what are the chances of all the money being reinvested?
    It will cost more than £5m to get a Championship striker.

We've already got a Championship striker in Woodrow , i've nothing against Moore , I thought we played better football ( team wise ) without him , I'm pleased the Lad came back fit and well after his injury , he did add something different at times admitted , but if we can get 3/4 mllion for him I'd be very suprised , he may prove me and others wrong , if he does fair play to him,

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    There's 2 ways of looking at it. On the playing side he's not Championship material but he does score goals and occupies defenders (something we missed badly when he was injured).
    The other side is that he seems to be a bit of a talisman and one of the few leaders we've got.
    When he knocks defenders down like skittles he gives the crowd and his teammates a lift.
    As someone else said, what are the chances of all the money being reinvested?
    It will cost more than £5m to get a Championship striker.
    I've warmed to the lad Hodger last season especially when he came back after that head injury .

The lads a pair of big b@llax and wanted to be out there and finishing the promotion job , it was one of the real highlights when he came on against Shrewsbury on Good Friday and totally changed the dynamics of the game .

The Shrews back 3 from having it fairly comfortable physically now were getting knocked about , they didn't like it one bit .

I want them all to succeed next season Kieffer included , knocking big time charlie £5m championship defenders up and down and giving us something different from what's normally seen at this level would be a thing of beauty .

It's just if the chance to cash in on a very good league one striker came up v my personal reservations about his ability at championship level then personally I'd take the money .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast