+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lindsay, a done deal

Last time we were in the championship, Lindsay, Moore and the rest of the team were still getting to know each other whilst trying to adapt to a higher level of football. Lindsay is gone now but the rest of them have 2 years experience laiking together including the ups and downs of promotion and relegation.

I would wager that our players will be more mentally prepared for our next crack at the championship. They will also know each others game far better by now and they are working for a coach that they clearly believe in as opposed to that Portuguese clown. Offloading Moore would be crackers in my opinion even though I do see the points some posters are making. We've got it hard enough trying to establish stability within the squad as it is, especially with agents filling our players heads with pound signs. The stability and continuity of our playing staff is surely our strength going into this coming season. I'd strongly urge the board to act upon that and keep departures to a bare minimum otherwise we'll find ourselves faced with another extremely difficult task as we were in 17/18 of avoiding relegation with far too many new signings

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Last time we were in the championship, Lindsay, Moore and the rest of the team were still getting to know each other whilst trying to adapt to a higher level of football. Lindsay is gone now but the rest of them have 2 years experience laiking together including the ups and downs of promotion and relegation.

I would wager that our players will be more mentally prepared for our next crack at the championship. They will also know each others game far better by now and they are working for a coach that they clearly believe in as opposed to that Portuguese clown. Offloading Moore would be crackers in my opinion even though I do see the points some posters are making. We've got it hard enough trying to establish stability within the squad as it is, especially with agents filling our players heads with pound signs. The stability and continuity of our playing staff is surely our strength going into this coming season. I'd strongly urge the board to act upon that and keep departures to a bare minimum otherwise we'll find ourselves faced with another extremely difficult task as we were in 17/18 of avoiding relegation with far too many new signings
    It's a decent shout Pass and you make some very good points .

On the Lindsay aspect he was good last season no doubt about it but I did see Pinnock and co bale him out against some of the better league one players .

Continuity is something to aspire to but that's not the way we are run now , my points about Lindsay and Moore are heavily influenced by the clubs policy .

A question of who we sell on that causes us the least amount of struggle is where I'm at .

If selling Lindsay and Moore keeps Pinnock and Woodrow here then that's something I'm willing to accept .

I wouldn't sell anyone if it was left to me , I'd add to what we have but that's not how we roll these days .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's a decent shout Pass and you make some very good points .

On the Lindsay aspect he was good last season no doubt about it but I did see Pinnock and co bale him out against some of the better league one players .

Continuity is something to aspire to but that's not the way we are run now , my points about Lindsay and Moore are heavily influenced by the clubs policy .

A question of who we sell on that causes us the least amount of struggle is where I'm at .

If selling Lindsay and Moore keeps Pinnock and Woodrow here then that's something I'm willing to accept .

I wouldn't sell anyone if it was left to me , I'd add to what we have but that's not how we roll these days .

Regarding departing players, the worry has to be their replacements Animal. Potts, for example wasn't adequately replaced at league one level and that is a huge concern. Hedges has been replaced by Thomas which leaves us on both counts with less championship experience coming in than outgoing. Been here before haven't we.

I sincerely hope that the board can look at our last campaign in the championship and learn from the mistakes. Tha can't let too many go at once and bodge it up with potential. We know all too well the consequences of that last time out for us at this level. Whichever way the club roll these days I expect this to be taken into consideration otherwise were in for a long season again

We all know how we roll now. A card board cut art would be a step up on Hedges.

I'd like Mcgeehan, Thiam and Pinnock to sign new deals but if they don't ship em' out and bring in replacements. Just like we did with Woodrow for Bradshaw and Thomas for Hedges.

People harped on about letting Moncur go but his replacement was already in the building in Bahre.

Dougall wasn't a replacement for anyone as far as I'm aware?

I haven't always had faith in the set up let's face it under Cryne rest his soul it was the cheap option. However, under these owners at least we're scouting better players and being more pro active with the sale plan.

The sale of Lindsay pre season wasn't hit and hope.

So Lindsay's gone and is it an undisclosed fee yet again ?.
    Ive no problem with us selling as apparently we're always going to be a selling club. But its how much/little we sell for, and who we buy as replacements that annoys me. If its going to be a cheap unknown kid again, then that shows we've no ambition whatsoever.

I can't wait for the season to start and see what squad we have it might just clarify where these owners are going with the club

Agree with pass n move, taking into account the players that have left already and i include Davies, we really cannot afford to be losing any more regular match day squad players from last season - the key then is what calibre of players we sign because we probably need around 6 signings who can cut it in the Championship which is a tough ask with our current policy of signing unknowns.

do we ever learn?[/QUOTE]

Apparently not. Just read Luton could be asking in region of £10m for one of their fullbacks.
    But we're just little old Barnsley. You can have our players for 1990 prices.

So much for american hard nosed businessmen.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've warmed to the lad Hodger last season especially when he came back after that head injury .

The lads a pair of big b@llax and wanted to be out there and finishing the promotion job , it was one of the real highlights when he came on against Shrewsbury on Good Friday and totally changed the dynamics of the game .

The Shrews back 3 from having it fairly comfortable physically now were getting knocked about , they didn't like it one bit .

I want them all to succeed next season Kieffer included , knocking big time charlie £5m championship defenders up and down and giving us something different from what's normally seen at this level would be a thing of beauty .
    It's just if the chance to cash in on a very good league one striker came up v my personal reservations about his ability at championship level then personally I'd take the money .
    I completely agree, Animal - will love watching him run the sods ragged - finally a striker who puts himself about & rattles defenders. I predict a good number of them will be rolling about in feigned agony!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123