+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaulks to Cardiff

Unbelievable. Bet it's a cash up front deal that leaves us to draw our own conclusions about what's happening with Rotherham United.

"Pure speculation of course"

But based on some reasonable evidence thus far. Vaulks at £1.5 million is cheap as chips - his long throw expertise is a fantastic offensive skill very few players can offer. NW likes the ball in the box so suits him. Yeah not enough.

And £150k again cheap as chips. With the "big boys" in football buying any player with potential and then loaning them out to "develop" - what's left may be on the shelf for a reason.....?

Two unknown players from Scottish obscurity and Vaulks turned into arguably our best player and most saleable asset despite early days indignation regarding every facet of his joining. So who knows - but going back to square one.

With our lack of spending. With our so called "ambition". With the statement "No pressure to sell": We should fight to keep Vaulks to fight for championship football - because we are supposed to be growing ! We are supposed to be increasing the quality of the player group.

In reality (so far) this closed season could turn into a EVO type overhaul of players but on the cheap and therefore related lack of quality. Bad news - pre-championship recruitment but at league one levels. So far !

What gets me is from what I’ve heard we have bids going up to 3.5 million and that was Cardiff

Unless there’s a player involved in that deal or maybe it’s a typo error

Well Cardiff could lose a few players they consider surplus that would benefit us so that part is a given...however - the player that could be part of the deal - from Cardiff to us - has to agree to move to a league one outfit.

Too early for the free agents or released players who still have ambition to choose another contract. Could drag on.

You just have to hope that someone (anyone) at the club understands the current transfer market enough to realise that to accept 1.5 million for an established Championship and newly capped international with goals in him and a truly world class long throw would be insane. If not, we are well and truly phukked.

Cardiff City negotiator: "Look, we'll give you £2 million for Vaulks".
    Rotherham Negotiator: "Didn't know we had anyone called Vaulks at the club".
    Cardiff Negotiator: "Yes, Will Vaulks, the Welch international".
    Rotherham Negotiator: "Oh, that Vaulks!"
    Cardiff Negotiator: Yes, so what do you think?"
    Rotherham Negotiator: "Are you mad, do you think for one moment we would accept that figure for a player of his calibre. You better come back with another offer".
    Cardiff Negotiator: "Well it was worth a try. How about 1 and 1/2 million?"
    Rotherham Negotiator. "That's Better. Shake on it!"

I like Vaulks, but we all know he has his weaknesses. His passing isn't the best and most of the teams in the Championship play a passing game. Which other team in the Championship would be a fit for a player like Vaulks?

£1.5m sounds about right to me and if it isn't, someone else will come in and pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I like Vaulks, but we all know he has his weaknesses. His passing isn't the best and most of the teams in the Championship play a passing game. Which other team in the Championship would be a fit for a player like Vaulks?

£1.5m sounds about right to me and if it isn't, someone else will come in and pay more.
    I think your confused with vyner mate vaulks is great at passing

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post

We don't do sticking out for more Lasterman. This is early days in the transfer window we don't need to do owt yet. We never get to the stage where we have bidding wars for our players because we just shake hands on the first offer that comes in. Unfortunately for us we never learn ourselves when we are offering money for players and we never get our first offer accepted. Somebody at RUFC aint joining up the dots properly. There's one thing working to a budget but its another thing being shrewd in the transfer market. It involves using a noggin!

shrewdness
    /ˈʃruːdnəs/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    the quality of having or showing good powers of judgement.

It strikes me we know very little about how the transfer system works so we are disadvantaged even before a window chuffin opens.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-06-2019 at 03:39 PM.

The most amazing thing is how any club is willing to part with £1.5 minion for an overhyped, mediocrity like Vaulks.

If anyone offered half that amount I would snatch their hands off.

He is a nice lad but does not possess a football brain at all. He has no technical ability whatsoever.. He is prepared to run about a lot (in the wrong areas) and never shirks a tackle but they are usually mistimed. He can chuck it a long way. League 1 at best.

Take the money and run!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast