+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaulks to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Until it comes out into the open no one know it all could be a load of BS for all we know
    I just saw on Twitter that it's 1.5M with a 100M add on if he scores the winning goal in a World Cup. Not sure if it's true though

Can reliably predict that it will "undisclosed fee"

I don't think 1.5 million is that bad tbh. There will undoubtedly be some add ons. Who knows the lad from Oxford if they do sign him might have a season on loan with us, ya never know!!

If we turn down £1.5 million and he stays with us he would be worth nothing in a year's time.
    Say his wages would be £300,000 for that year it would cost us £1.8 million to have him for another 12 months.
    We could pay a loan player £40,000 a week for 45 weeks or two loan players £20,000 a week and not spend any more.
    We may not be paying full wages for loan players so they could even be higher rated players than the £40,000/£20,000 pw figures suggest.

Perhaps it's not that simple but surely food for thought.

Of course we may not even get £1.5 million. I understand Falkirk had a sell-on clause.
    Last edited by wrinkly; 17-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.

"Your assessment of Vaulks" doesn't do him justice.

Vaulks was brought to the club as a "Skirmisher". Someone at the forefront of our defence to break down the opposition attacks. That's in his DNA. The rest of his attributes are a bonus. Every team needs a Vaulks and the best ones throughout history get the ball then give it to a footballer (on the same team).

He does that so that's enough but he has an eye for a pass - wins more than his fair share of headers - the long throw and his shooting make him worth a lot more than £1.5 million.

Playing in a better side he'll have a role to play and others will feed off him and complement him.

A perfect park the bus holding midfielder that NW will utilise in that role if promoted - but at championship level Cardiff have no need to play that way unless the top teams command that respect. Obviously an off the field ambassador as well - a new Welsh international at Cardiff - what could go wrong ! Good luck Will the Premiership beckons.

Unless the lad is going to accept a new contract offer from us then I'm afraid we need to let him go and get something for him or lose him for nothing.

People on here have been asking why we have let contracts run out on player so they can leave for nothing, well maybe those players did not want to sign a new contract and nobody wanted to pay a fee for them and I would not like that to happen again. £1.5 may not be his true value but unless someone comes in with a better offer it is the best we can do right now and should take the money while it is there. Simples.

I don't know what the real value of Vaulks is as I've only seen him once or twice on Sky but what I do know is that £1.5m going in to a league one budget can give RUFC some serious clout this coming season .

Almost 80% of clubs won't have even a quarter of that to spend .

With that kind of budget you can attract at least three top performers at that level , £1.5m bought us Kieffer Moore and Cauley Woodrow with 40 goals between them from 30 games a piece .

Food for thought guys .

Apologies if covered previously (I've only skimmed the thread), but it could possible that he had a release clause, with the threshold being £1.5m. Having said that, the Daily Mail is notoriously wobbly with its reporting.

He is a bottom end championship player.
    Not long left on his contract.
    It’s about right imo if true.
    Good luck to him.
    If we can get money for him and Ajayi let’s do it wish them luck and move on.

Been saying it a while, cost cutting bringing relics, loans and injury prones in yet not demanding 4million for a proven championship international player.

Is it Douglas who still handles these transfers?

Should have put him out to pasture with the millers 05 crew. He must be slipping Tony Stewart something.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast