+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaulks to Cardiff

I would have said that the going rate for a player like Vaulks who is still quite young, has played International football, has almost 100 championship appearances but has 2 relegations from the championship would be £3m if he had a few years left on his deal or £2m with a year left. If we have agreed a deal at £1.5m (and that is a big if given the source) then that's a little on the low side and I would hope there would be some add-ons included with that, but it certainly isn't out of the question.

I don't think hes that good either he's got a good throw and shot on him but pretty poor in other depts. but we are not at a stage yet where we need to panic sell. Or are we?

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I would have said that the going rate for a player like Vaulks who is still quite young, has played International football, has almost 100 championship appearances but has 2 relegations from the championship would be £3m if he had a few years left on his deal or £2m with a year left. If we have agreed a deal at £1.5m (and that is a big if given the source) then that's a little on the low side and I would hope there would be some add-ons included with that, but it certainly isn't out of the question.
    I still can't believe we would accept such a low fee and this lad has been injury free.Unlike some of our recent signing, who have an history of medical problems but we will have got them on the cheap,which suits the chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    The most amazing thing is how any club is willing to part with £1.5 minion for an overhyped, mediocrity like Vaulks.

If anyone offered half that amount I would snatch their hands off.

He is a nice lad but does not possess a football brain at all. He has no technical ability whatsoever.. He is prepared to run about a lot (in the wrong areas) and never shirks a tackle but they are usually mistimed. He can chuck it a long way. League 1 at best.

Take the money and run!
    This is why we need a mute button

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    The most amazing thing is how any club is willing to part with £1.5 minion for an overhyped, mediocrity like Vaulks.

If anyone offered half that amount I would snatch their hands off.

He is a nice lad but does not possess a football brain at all. He has no technical ability whatsoever.. He is prepared to run about a lot (in the wrong areas) and never shirks a tackle but they are usually mistimed. He can chuck it a long way. League 1 at best.

Take the money and run!
    Your assessment of Vaulks may be correct but players of similar "attributes" go for £2 million plus.

Will RUFC consider 1.5 million an "eye-watering" amount?

Just reading twitter and from what is being said it could be the first of 3 payments over 3 years

1.5 million
    1 million
    1 million

Although until it’s announced we won’t know for sure

Any increase in cash could be down to appearances or whether Cardiff get promoted back to the Premiership.
    All sorts of deals can be done these days

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Any increase in cash could be down to appearances or whether Cardiff get promoted back to the Premiership.
    All sorts of deals can be done these days
    Until it comes out into the open no one know it all could be a load of BS for all we know
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 17-06-2019 at 05:08 PM.

If over the next 5 years we buy 10 players at X amount and sell them at Y (Y being more than double the buy price) then it's exactly what we need to keep moving in the right direction..
    1.5 million for will is a ok amount though I would have expected over 2 million if the amount of interested clubs was true
    We all know his good and bad points and imo lower championship is about his level

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast