+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaulks to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    What that means is that the proportion of the fee that would have gone into recruitment will now go to Falkirk.
    About 10%

So when we sell Vaulks we need to put in a sell on fee of our own.

Just in case he goes to a bigger club after Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    This is Rotherham United we're talking about Animal.
    Going on what I saw last season in league one the clubs with a recent history of championship football have a massive advantage over those who haven't competed at that level .

I'm not talking about the one offs who have a season or two before heading back in to the bottom two tiers , I'm looking at RUFC and its very recent history of competing in the championship for a number of years .

That pull or brand if you like has to be backed up with the budget , in championship terms it's insignificant in league it's huge , you have to punch your weight or you can easily become Gillingham or Rochdale if you don't .

This is never more at play than right now when you see big clubs such as Ipswich Town and Sunderland amongst your competitors , that's how difficult the championship is , big clubs now go into league one too , have done fairly regularly over the last 15 years .

I can almost predict the top 6 next season in league one just as you can quite easily predict the top 6 in the PL .

The £1.5m simply has to go into recruitment , the 700 or 800k signings with intelligence behind them are punching your weight .

80% of league one don't get anywhere near that as a total budget .

From the outside looking it's a test of your clubs ambitions and where it sits in the football pecking order .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 17-06-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    About 10%ft

So when we sell Vaulks we need to put in a sell on fee of our own.

Just in case he goes to a bigger club after Cardiff
    Let's not rely on a sell on clause as I doubt he will go any higher than Cardiff. We want as much upfront as possible.

Next season will be a big test for Paul Warne, possibly a bigger test than last season.

Last season he had the benefit of fans expecting the team to struggle and be relegated, which proved to be the case. Next season though most fans are expecting a top 6 finish regardless of the quality of other teams in the division.

What will make Warne’s task that bit more difficult is this breaking up of his “band of brothers” and his fairly restricted “play book”. You could see last season in the second half of the season that opposing managers had worked us out and we struggled to change our style of play to counter that.

Vaulks might bring very welcome cash but as a player he had become a key element in the overall plot. Replacing him won’t be easy on the funds we reportedly have available.

We’ve already replaced him with Crooks, who I believe will chip in with far more goals than Will scored last season. It’s not all about the long throw but we will miss that.

Good luck to Will you’ve earned the move.

A sell on clause for us is a must. As an example Harry McGuire's gone right up the ladder

Also perhaps there might be a player exchange too with a cash adjustment in our favour. Neil recommended Semi to us and he didn't turn out to be too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    At a guess I'd say an undisclosed amount will be reinvested in the squad 🙁
    It's not unreasonable to assume that some of the money obtained from selling players will also be used to cover running costs at the club. That way we'll continue to have a club to moan about.

It's times like this that the BBQ management techniques fly straight out of the window. We were relegated under the band of brothers flag yet off they fly.

The name of the game is bloody minded football management - getting the best out of individuals and out of the group.

When players say it's been the best years of my career so far as they are leaving (after relegation) makes me think they are saying it's been the most "comfortable"....and that attitude don't win football matches.

With all the Bull surrounding PW's football sanctuary you'd think those leaving would want to stick together to fight together to re-establish championship football. Perhaps they know that just won't happen now - what do they know we don't - why are they leaving ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We’ve already replaced him with Crooks, who I believe will chip in with far more goals than Will scored last season. It’s not all about the long throw but we will miss that.

Good luck to Will you’ve earned the move.
    When he was suspended it became apparent that there are others with a long throw in the squad

£200K Southend Yearwood?

"Southend have rejected the Millers’ approach for Yearwood, as they are determined to keep hold of the youngster, who is one of the club’s prized assets"

Precisely what we should say.....

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast