+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webchat at 2pm Monday

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, I'm done with the expectant waiting for news now. If we are taken over, I reckon it'll be closer to the July deadline, and we'll hear bugger all until then. If we aren't, we'll go into admin, get a points deduction, and get relegated.
    That's pretty much the situation.

I'm reasonably certain that whatever direction this 'story' is going, we'll know before 10 July. If the takeover hasn't happened by the first few days of July then putting the club into administration may be the only remaining option, because it would be a very high risk strategy to go back to the HMRC and the Court and request yet more time. Although conversely, if we did, and if HMRC supported the request yet again, I'd take that as strong evidence that the bidders are genuine and that a deal must be imminent, because I can't imagine the taxman being so patient for his money under any other circumstances.

Is there still the chance AH will use that new business he listed on companies house to do a pre-pack out of admin, just imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Surely if they put us into admin, then the club will move out of the new owners' control and into the Administrators, who will then sell the club on to someone of their choosing, which may or may not be the previous new owners AKA the South Africans /some chap who went to prison /some chap who destroyed Port Vale. That wouldn't fit with the Council/HG's estate wanting to protect our future would it, which would all be tied up with any potential land deal? Unless he means Hardy putting us into administration?

Am I missing something? Probably :-D
    That’s what I’ve always understood about Administration and why (currently)no one with the slightest interest in owning the club would want it to happen.

I’m curiously optimistic about the club’s future but I’m probably missing something as well...

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Dont folk normally ask for someone with serious cash to takeover their club when its up for sale? Why would you be against an owner coming in and making a killing on land, if it helps put them in a good position financially?
    Would you prefer the current version of events where a guy has no cash but tries to spend it anyway?

Id imagine if they are working on the various land redevelopments in and around the city, they would need to keep the council sweet, very sweet, so the idea of letting Notts go to ruin would be suicide. Notts is a big thing to the council in reality, and no way would they get any favours for permissions etc if they ruined the football club.

Do they want the land first and foremost, yes
    Can Notts benefit from this? Most certainly
    Will it be a long term thing? Yes, and maybe will give us stability
    Will we move grounds? possibly but not for a number of years
    To answer your questions: yes, I wouldn't, and no.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Is there still the chance AH will use that new business he listed on companies house to do a pre-pack out of admin, just imagine that!
    He'd have to settle the winding up order first. You can't do a prepack administration with a winding up order

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He'd have to settle the winding up order first. You can't do a prepack administration with a winding up order
    Makes sense, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yep was a bit surprised to see the webchat return today when we're not expecting any new news for several days. Presumably will be the same old questions and non-answers regurgitated. To be fair to Leigh Curtis, he at least tries to keep a dialogue going with the fans. I am surprised he keeps going on about the land at the back of the Kop being so important when, in the grand scheme of things, it's a tiny parcel compared to what's really at stake between Trent Bridge and Colwick.
    I suspect that the land at the back of the Kop is what Notts might have to give up (but where do all the cars park then - council won't be happy) and that all the land either side of Iremonger Road would also be included (Charlie Slater mentioned Iremonger Road two months or so ago) . This would end up with a very tidy parcel of land encompassed by Cattle Market Road, County Road, Meadow Lane and the canal, sitting very nicely alongside the Riverside development. Still not sure I want property developers owning the club (rather have a very rich football fan) but if that is the price we have to pay then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Still not sure I want property developers owning the club (rather have a very rich football fan) but if that is the price we have to pay then so be it.
    That could well be the only option and the sooner it is resolved the better because, quite frankly, I am rapidly losing the love.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    That could well be the only option and the sooner it is resolved the better because, quite frankly, I am rapidly losing the love.
    Correct it does feel that way but not alot we can do about it.

I think most of us can accept whatever happens we wont be pulling up many trees next season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12