+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webchat at 2pm Monday

Webchat at 2pm Monday

The Leigh Curtis webchat is back at 2pm...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-live-2987208

Nothing coming from this, another day same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    Yep was a bit surprised to see the webchat return today when we're not expecting any new news for several days. Presumably will be the same old questions and non-answers regurgitated. To be fair to Leigh Curtis, he at least tries to keep a dialogue going with the fans. I am surprised he keeps going on about the land at the back of the Kop being so important when, in the grand scheme of things, it's a tiny parcel compared to what's really at stake between Trent Bridge and Colwick.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-06-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Yeah, I'm done with the expectant waiting for news now. If we are taken over, I reckon it'll be closer to the July deadline, and we'll hear bugger all until then. If we aren't, we'll go into admin, get a points deduction, and get relegated.

Either way, we probably won't get much out of the club or anyone else over the coming weeks - just more 'talks are ongoing' and 'we're hoping for a swift resolution' messages.

As Scoop said in his webchat, the deal isn't held up at this stage because of anything football-related, it's all about plans to redevelop the area around the ground. It's all about making a killing in land and real estate development, and Notts are just a pawn in the game.

I don't expect anything good to come out of it for our club, but if it does, that would be nice.

I checked at 12pm and again at 1pm. Are we supposed to guess when they do one?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I checked at 12pm and again at 1pm. Are we supposed to guess when they do one?
    2pm start, nothing new to report, he keeps going on about admin making sense for potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, I'm done with the expectant waiting for news now. If we are taken over, I reckon it'll be closer to the July deadline, and we'll hear bugger all until then. If we aren't, we'll go into admin, get a points deduction, and get relegated.

Either way, we probably won't get much out of the club or anyone else over the coming weeks - just more 'talks are ongoing' and 'we're hoping for a swift resolution' messages.

As Scoop said in his webchat, the deal isn't held up at this stage because of anything football-related, it's all about plans to redevelop the area around the ground. It's all about making a killing in land and real estate development, and Notts are just a pawn in the game.

I don't expect anything good to come out of it for our club, but if it does, that would be nice.
    Dont folk normally ask for someone with serious cash to takeover their club when its up for sale? Why would you be against an owner coming in and making a killing on land, if it helps put them in a good position financially?
    Would you prefer the current version of events where a guy has no cash but tries to spend it anyway?

Id imagine if they are working on the various land redevelopments in and around the city, they would need to keep the council sweet, very sweet, so the idea of letting Notts go to ruin would be suicide. Notts is a big thing to the council in reality, and no way would they get any favours for permissions etc if they ruined the football club.

Do they want the land first and foremost, yes
    Can Notts benefit from this? Most certainly
    Will it be a long term thing? Yes, and maybe will give us stability
    Will we move grounds? possibly but not for a number of years

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Do they want the land first and foremost, yes
    Can Notts benefit from this? Most certainly
    Will it be a long term thing? Yes, and maybe will give us stability
    Will we move grounds? possibly but not for a number of years
    They say talking to yourself (and answering yourself) is a sign of madness

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    They say talking to yourself (and answering yourself) is a sign of madness
    He's still banging on about a buyer waiting for administration to save money by doing a deal with creditors. The only slight problem with that is that the Conference rules require clubs to pay all creditors, not just football ones, in full over a 3 year period.

So waiting for administration does not save a buyer money compared to doing a deal with Hardy. In fact they'd probably end up paying more with the administrator's fees.

2pm start, nothing new to report, he keeps going on about admin making sense for potential buyers.
    Surely if they put us into admin, then the club will move out of the new owners' control and into the Administrators, who will then sell the club on to someone of their choosing, which may or may not be the previous new owners AKA the South Africans /some chap who went to prison /some chap who destroyed Port Vale. That wouldn't fit with the Council/HG's estate wanting to protect our future would it, which would all be tied up with any potential land deal? Unless he means Hardy putting us into administration?

Am I missing something? Probably :-D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast