+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ilkeston boss upset at Hardy move to axe No.2

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If he was going to walk due to uncertainty, he'd have done it by now. Things have been uncertain for months. Surely he'll wait and see if a takeover materialises and he's still wanted. Imagine walking away now and then the SAs buy the club and offer the manager a decent budget and stability.

That said, his job is getting increasingly difficult as time passes, so there might come a point where he sees next season as an impossible mission, takeover or not.

I know I've changed my tune, but I really hope he stays - whether through his choice or the new owners' (if they exist). We need stability, and he at least knows the scale of the challenge.
    I agree with Slack Pie
    I think he needs chance to assemble his own team with a pre season or get this squad into some sort of shape again with a pre season.
    he was fighting fires when he came so made managing much harder.
    Start this season with a clean sheet , even if its not the best preparation for the season ahead.
    He does have a squad ( be it for better or worse) this is where a manager needs to manage !

Scoop has already mentioned the uncertainty of the managers job a few times in his "webchats".

I cannot see him walking just yet but its possible he might be able to sell it as an impossible job at Notts and with hindsight he probably does have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Deakin is a bit of an Ilkeston Town legend too so it didn't go down too well with the fans either
    Great claim to fame being an Ilkeston Town legend if there is such a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I agree with Slack Pie
    I think he needs chance to assemble his own team with a pre season or get this squad into some sort of shape again with a pre season.
    he was fighting fires when he came so made managing much harder.
    Start this season with a clean sheet , even if its not the best preparation for the season ahead.
    He does have a squad ( be it for better or worse) this is where a manager needs to manage !
    I'm with you two. He knows everything that was wrong on the field from last season and has had six months in the job. Pre-Season training is just around the corner and most contracts finish at the end of June so let's hope for some meaningful noise from the club.

If it were to get to the point where a takeover is not forthcoming in the timescales required to assemble a squad and organise pre-season and he thinks it's impossible for him to do his job then who could blame him for leaving? Like everyone though I guess as long as he keeps getting paid he'll stay.

The problem is he appears to have only two man-management techniques. One is to put an arm around the player's shoulder. The other is to stand the other side and use the other arm. No broken tea cups, no hairdryer.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    The problem is he appears to have only two man-management techniques. One is to put an arm around the player's shoulder. The other is to stand the other side and use the other arm. No broken tea cups, no hairdryer.
    There is one other thing he does... sitting on the ice box when things are going REALLY badly.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    There is one other thing he does... sitting on the ice box when things are going REALLY badly.
    he must have a cold bum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12