+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampard

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA just hope the Keane situation is nothing to do with our vacancy Would be wrist splashing time for me
    I'm with you on that one, but surely Mel would not be so foolish?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Suppose there are quite a few...Davies, Clement, Pearson, Powell, McClaren and Rowett for starters. Can’t say I’d want any of them though.

Is George Burley busy?
    Hopefully none of the above, anyway with £4 million compo, Mel can afford to poach a decent manager, but who will it be.

We can forget the vast majority of those on the bookies list of candidates. Mel made sure of that yesterday. He made it clear yesterday in his 2 hours and 15 minutes on TalkSport that, if FL goes, his replacement would have to carry on where FL left off. That is playing "proper football", doing it on shoestring and utilising the Academy.

The Academy has been developing a style right through the age groups for 4 or 5 years now. It is that basic style which FL instilled into the first XI last season. We have a very good crop of youngsters in the 18s and 23s, wuite a few of whom played in both sides and a good half a dozen made 1st XI match day squads as well. Not many of those on the list of candidates will be willing to follow the path set out by Mel.

Is Mel still trending from yesterday lol? I particularly liked the bit about buying the stadium for 80m, putting a retractable roof on it, increasing its use from 30 days a year to 100

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    We can forget the vast majority of those on the bookies list of candidates. Mel made sure of that yesterday. He made it clear yesterday in his 2 hours and 15 minutes on TalkSport that, if FL goes, his replacement would have to carry on where FL left off. That is playing "proper football", doing it on shoestring and utilising the Academy.

The Academy has been developing a style right through the age groups for 4 or 5 years now. It is that basic style which FL instilled into the first XI last season. We have a very good crop of youngsters in the 18s and 23s, wuite a few of whom played in both sides and a good half a dozen made 1st XI match day squads as well. Not many of those on the list of candidates will be willing to follow the path set out by Mel.
    He's setting us up for Wassall!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    He's setting us up for Wassall!
    Two odd things there...

1. This might be the first time you’ve ever agreed with DCFCA.

2. In the eigh**** games he managed us for DW had the highest PPG ratio of any post war Derby manager and only McClaren (Mk1) has had a better win %. Just sayin!

I wonder if it hadn’t been for the home semi final debacle against Hull and the public ‘f**k off’ incident from a player who hardly covered himself in glory if things might have been seen differently. After all he took us from the car crash of Clement’s final days as far as McClaren, Burley and Rowett and almost as far as Lampard.

Reported that Lampard has OK'd Chelski buying Real Madrid midfielder!!
    Sounds a done deal !!

How can that be given that they are under transfer embargo?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Two odd things there...

1. This might be the first time you’ve ever agreed with DCFCA.

2. In the eigh**** games he managed us for DW had the highest PPG ratio of any post war Derby manager and only McClaren (Mk1) has had a better win %. Just sayin!

I wonder if it hadn’t been for the home semi final debacle against Hull and the public ‘f**k off’ incident from a player who hardly covered himself in glory if things might have been seen differently. After all he took us from the car crash of Clement’s final days as far as McClaren, Burley and Rowett and almost as far as Lampard.
    I'm not agreeing with DCFCA - he wants Wassall, I don't. Just saying that's an appointment that would fit the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    How can that be given that they are under transfer embargo?
    Good question!!
    According to Sky it's ahead of their transfer ban!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)