+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampard

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    Is there an available manager out there with unfinished business?
    Yep! Jose

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    Is there an available manager out there with unfinished business?
    Suppose there are quite a few...Davies, Clement, Pearson, Powell, McClaren and Rowett for starters. Can’t say I’d want any of them though.

Is George Burley busy?

if you are going down that line, there is a young talented manager at Burton!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    if you are going down that line, there is a young talented manager at Burton!
    Is there? Define ‘young and talented’...I thought he was 53 and not very good!

Anyway...he’s gone, FL not Nigel, for £5.5m a year apparently...and we’ve had twelve applications already according to Mel Morris in the DT.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-06-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Wassall sounds like

I'm happy with that, someone who knows the club inside out and can bring the youth through

Either him or Darren Moore being the other 1

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Still not over it are you 4-3 Don't know how were going to cope without our three loan players Could be playing every match with eight players
    Don't worry about me. Remember, I'm from Yorkshire - my season ticket gets me 23 games instead of 19
    My question was really about Derby's plans, which appear to have been short-termist. If he did well, FL was always going to leave, as were the loan players. Selling the ground made Derby financially OK, but for how long?

From afar, this looks like a potential nightmare scenario. Yes you will have players to replace last year's loanees, but you will do extremely well to replace them adequately. You'll get some compo for FL, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Leighdsunited View Post
    Don't worry about me. Remember, I'm from Yorkshire - my season ticket gets me 23 games instead of 19
    My question was really about Derby's plans, which appear to have been short-termist. If he did well, FL was always going to leave, as were the loan players. Selling the ground made Derby financially OK, but for how long?

From afar, this looks like a potential nightmare scenario. Yes you will have players to replace last year's loanees, but you will do extremely well to replace them adequately. You'll get some compo for FL, but...
    Would have thought you would have been the last to talk about short -termist you've had 17 managers in the last 11years Every team has loan players including yours no problem them going Selling the ground avoided possible ffp but don't see a problem Our owner owns the training ground so we can always sell that worth millions now we've spy proofed it You seem really worried about our club so you have a problem Its us who should be concerned but we're not

Not sure about it being ‘short termist’. It was a plan that almost worked and if it had there’s every chance that one or two of the three loan players would have remained.
    As it is we’ll be picking up £4m in compensation and hopefully have a decent relationship with Chelsea from a possible future loan point of view.
    No one could really have predicted what the situation would be with Sarri but I don’t see a ‘nightmare scenario’. Not what we hoped for a month or so ago for sure, but there’ll be plenty of interest in the vacancy from up and coming hungry young managers as well as ‘older heads’ and we do have a chairman who cares passionately about the club.
    Don’t you go worrying about us either.

I admire your sense of humour DCFCA - Pearson, Rowett, Moore, Wassall, but really, seriously, who would you like to see: surely it has to be Clough to round out your "no hopers 5"

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I admire your sense of humour DCFCA - Pearson, Rowett, Moore, Wassall, but really, seriously, who would you like to see: surely it has to be Clough to round out your "no hopers 5"
    Geoff I always doubted his football knowledge i mean Wassall ffs when he had the job before the players just took the pizz your of him I was at Rotherham when Shackel told himng ( fxxk off and learn how to manage were not fxxing schoolboys) Pearson complete head case ask Martin. Rowett don't know why he wants him back He's the one who first used the phrase Rowettball ffs. Darren Moore he got the job at WBA because they were already relegated when they sacked Pardew He did ok this season but with that squad anybody could,he's not for me But it wouldn't be a surprise if he got the job

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)