+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampard

Benitez's last Chelsea stint, albeit as interim manager, saw him play 48, win 28, draw 10 and lose 10. Win % of 58.3%

Extrapolate that and you get 74 points over a 38 game season. Two more than this season under Sarri. He wasn't all that popular with the fans IIRC.

When he was there before(and did a pretty good job) Chelsea fans never really accepted him because of his Liverpool connection so it's debateable if that will have changed?? Taking Frank has Assistant (as Heir apparent) might smooth things but I am not so sure, a few bad results and the 'get rid of Benitez and move Frank up' chants will start!! Still who knows with Abramovic??

I reckon the delay is as reported in some sections of the media - compensation for Derby losing Morris and other key backroom staff as part of FL’s departure. It was written in FL’s contract on compensation level to release him but probably not so clear cut with the others.

I just want it sorted ASAP..... just in time for Chelsea will be JTFL for us!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    What a neanderthal you are! His wife is a professional in her own right and has more intelligence in her little finger than you have.

As for Lmapard, well its likely to be a bad move for him , he hasn't the experience to manage Chelsea but then maybe they get someone to do the difficult stuff and he will be the figurehead, good to see and english manager in the prem, but there are better english managers who don't have the name and the connections. My prediction sacked by Christmas!
    Professional script reader?

Conversely, lampard could be scrapping it out at the bottom of the championship with us in 6 months, getting sacked and becoming a 2nd tier journeyman manager.

In Frank we trust! he's going nowhere.
    Last edited by Manofpride; 21-06-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    In Frank we trust! he's going nowhere.
    Lol...says the man who said Gerrard was on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Blimey Swales poor bloke not even got the job yet and you've got him sacked by Xmas My prediction is he will be our manager next season .Chelsea stalling because he's not their first choice
    I'm surprised they are considering him, but then given what Manure did is it surprising? Chelski is a poison chalice and doubt there would be much sentiment if he doesn't get them in the top 6, given they have a transfer ban its not an easy job to take on.

Whilst for Lampard it must be tempting, IMO he would be better served staying with Derby and getting more managerial experience and hopefully taking us up.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...says the man who said Gerrard was on his way.
    I said the same about Lee Bowyer and John Terry too!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I'm surprised they are considering him, but then given what Manure did is it surprising? Chelski is a poison chalice and doubt there would be much sentiment if he doesn't get them in the top 6, given they have a transfer ban its not an easy job to take on.

Whilst for Lampard it must be tempting, IMO he would be better served staying with Derby and getting more managerial experience and hopefully taking us up.
    Yes I agree he would be in very dodgy ground going there Few bad results he's out ,could be his last managerial job

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)