+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee bowyer

Lee bowyer

Looks like purrington may be a rufc player for a while. Bowyer n Charlton going through a sticky patch in the marriage

Reading the comments the club have made it appears that Charlton want to keep him but pay him league 1 level wages.

Seems a sort of familiar tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Reading the comments the club have made it appears that Charlton want to keep him but pay him league 1 level wages.

Who Bowyer or Purrington? To what I understand, Bowyer wants rewarding for gaining promotion by requesting a longer contract but, bearing in mind the Charlton chairman is selling up, he has only offered him a 1 year extension which Bowyer has refused.

Lampard to Chelsea and Bowyer to Derby?

Here's a club that tried to force the EFL to buy them stating that it was the Fair Play rules that had ben thrust upon them. These EFL gits with their stupid rules stopped the owners investing the amount of money needed to gain promotion back to the Prem.

If Bowyer thinks that he can reason with these crack pots then he's as deluded as they are!

I read into it that the management at the club were trying to run the club in a sustainable manner. That does sound familiar.

Like you though, I don't know the details of what is happening at Charlton.

Lampard chelsea bowyer to derby sounds a good call

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I read into it that the management at the club were trying to run the club in a sustainable manner. That does sound familiar.

Like you though, I don't know the details of what is happening at Charlton.
    No they are trying to get the club in a saleable condition not necessarily in a sustainable position.

No they are trying to get the club in a saleable condition not necessarily in a sustainable position.
    I think they are doing both. They turned down Bowyer's agent's original wage demands in view of the effect on future liabilities which, in turn, makes the club easier to sell. I agree that saleability is the driving force. Sorted now - contract signed

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I think they are doing both. They turned down Bowyer's agent's original wage demands in view of the effect on future liabilities which, in turn, makes the club easier to sell. I agree that saleability is the driving force. Sorted now - contract signed
    Only signed a one year extension though, so he’s taking a chance that Charlton will do ok and new owner would want to keep him. If as expected Charlton will struggle he might get sacked anyway.

To be fair to Charlton they did offer double his wage but it was only for 12 month.
    Bowyer was prob thinking.
    No cash to spend and were relegated in 12 month. I'm out of a job with a relegation on my CV. TBF to Charlton and fans he's a bit 1 dimensionally though played to his players strength. We all know championship is a huge leap