+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Terry New Rams Boss

John Terry New Rams Boss

John Terry being linked as new Derby manager if Lampard was to leave, this is also in several other newspapers this
    morning.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/17/john-...nager-9992235/

As is Bowyer who has resigned from Charlton. Some reports say we have "discretely" sounded him out. Can't have been that discrete if the press know.......

As is, according to the same press, is Monk.

My view:

Monk. Not my preference and not one I would cheer. Managed Swansea, DYS, Boro and Brum. Has just one managerial "honour", PL Manager of the month in August 2014. Not Derby worthy IMO.

Bowyer. Looking at what he did at Charlton, he fits the bill. Lokking at his past, he doesn't. It also seems we may have "discretely" tapped him up. Does this make him the favourite? Is it only paper talk. The one FACT we know is he has refused to sign his new contract due to broken promises. No info as to whether that was on his salary or on the size of any "warchest". No warchest of any large size at Derby so would he come even if we asked? Unsure of this as a potential appointment.

Terry. Like Bowyer he has character traits that has fans saying no. On the other hand, he comes from the same footballing "nest" as FL and seems to have the same sort of ideas on how the game should be played. He would also be a great coach for our back 4 which, for many, has been our achilles heel for way too long. As with Bowyer, I am undecided. Another point to ponder is, would JT also be off to Chelsea after just the one season to be FL's #2 or maybe even as #1 if Frank doesn't win any trophies and doesn't make the CL?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)