+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap holidays in Qatar

Cheap holidays in Qatar

Ach weel, Platini perhaps having a “holiday” elsewhere now.......I daresay the next executive to have his palms greased will accept the “ahem” brown envelope from Martians trying promote their planet.

Is it glue that you are sniffing today or something more exotic?

Platini has been arrested for awarding the WC to Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Has he not been arrested before? If I gave a sh!t about international football, I'd be appalled by Qatar getting the World Cup. But the awarding of major competitions has always been a total con.

It’s the biggest farce in the history of football. How they thought they’d get away with it is anyone’s guess.

How long before the English suggest having the tournament in.......wait for it......England.

The only country to have escaped the blight of big money in football.

I’m surprised one of the big nations hasn’t made the offer to host it already.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Don’t spoil the image certain posters have about JJ!!! Anyway, Platini is currently serving a ban after being found guilty of being bribed, however, this could have more far reaching consequences.......I f ucking hope so........World Cup in Qatar........FFS, could not write the script.

The hadn't had one in Africa, Russia and the Middle East and then all of a sudden we all of a sudden had them all in 12 years. All three of them were bent awards. To think they would get away with it shows what money and Rolexes do to people brains.

England are set up for it. If Qatar lose it, it will go there. So a recent FIFA leak I read said anyway. I wouldn't complain. I could drive to wherever Sweden were playing and "mingle"

As most of you know I live out here in my little desert sandpit of Abu Dhabi and spend a lot of my working time in Doha Qatar
    and I totally agree with all the comments that have already been said. The very thought of having the worlds biggest football tournament in fkn Doha isa fkn disgrace and should never had got past the first round of pre-quals.
    Just why it has taken this long for some action to be taken and questions asked is beyond me.
    there was rumors some time back about splitting across the GCC countries but that was doing the rounds before the recent political embargo kicked in (over two years ago now) and with Qatar being pretty much frozen out from the other main GCC countries then as soon as that happened the very thought of the world cup in there should have been cancelled straight away.
    Platini and others I am sure have had funny money as back handers as there is no doubt about it the Qatari's are fkn rich b@stards but they are also bent and corrupt to the core, bent as nine bob notes the fkn lot of them.

I personally would be very happy Engerland guff land to try and pinch this at the 11th hour

Disgrace it has even got as far as this for the arrangements
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 18-06-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast