+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Clarke

Call me old and jaded after years of the same old sh1t, but if he does go (which seems likely) I'll be absolutely amazed if we get any more than £10m as immediate 'spendable' cash - any more will be add-ons based on fulfilling various criteria. Having said that I did see that one of the rumour mills was suggesting that what we're asking for is a payment plus an immediate season long loan back - not sure if that would be attractive to Spurs, but might be a good solution from our perspective, and not beyond the bounds of possibility because it feels unlikely that Spurs would look at Clarke as an immediate first team prospect.

A lot of agreeing going on on this thread - He will have to prove his fitness and stamina to raise 20 million, he didn't look like he had 90 minutes in him most games, not least the one he ended up in hospital at; however if they want to spend that grab it quick

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    A lot of agreeing going on on this thread - He will have to prove his fitness and stamina to raise 20 million, he didn't look like he had 90 minutes in him most games, not least the one he ended up in hospital at; however if they want to spend that grab it quick
    If spurs want him they will only pay what Daniel Levy thinks he is worth not a penny more

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    If spurs want him they will only pay what Daniel Levy thinks he is worth not a penny more
    And that won't be £20m, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And that won't be £20m, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
    8 million plus add ons

14 million being mentioned plus add on that may take it to 20 - he will have to prove himself for that to happen but good luck to him - in twenty years time we will hopefully have moved on and not crying for us to re sign him

i THINK I must be deluded then

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    i THINK I must be deluded then
    Nothing new there then

If we can get anything over £8 - 10M we should bite their hand off. He had a couple of good appearances as a sub followed by several more matches where he was decidedly average. I rate Shackleton as twice the player Clarke is.

I honestly wouldn't be disappointed, dont think he is all that tbh. He has that one move where he fakes in then goes outside, once defenders are wise to it he does nothing.

Love him to stay but Shackleton for me is the one who has real top potential.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)