+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T BT Scam Beware

O/T BT Scam Beware

I am with sky for TV, phone line & broadband.
    While out today my son had a telephone call from someone saying they were
    from BT, & that my broadband had been hacked, & everyone on street using my service.
    & they were going to cut our line off.
    When I got home I knew it was a scam, but still reported it to Sky.

The number its coming from is 01695218324 so beware, I tried the number, voice message said
    taking no calls at the moment.
    What they are after is getting access to your bank account, it seems, son checked number on internet
    a lot of people talking about it.
    Problem is some people might fall for the scam.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-06-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Been getting these for months. Mother in law had same and she started to panic thinking she was going to loose her phone line/broadband.. True scumbags

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Been getting these for months. Mother in law had same and she started to panic thinking she was going to loose her phone line/broadband.. True scumbags
    Yes my mum had the same, in her case it was 2am in the morning, so you can imagine when the phone rang that she thought it was some form of family disaster.

On the same topic there's been another flush of "You've won 1st/2nd/3rd prize in Morrisons/Tesco/Sainsburry prize draw type text messages. With a link to click.

Of course it's another scam but traps the unwary, particularly the older set.

Yep getting these quite regular for over a year pupporting to be from BT saying they are gonna cut my line off. I ignore and I still have my line so complete bollax.

Also a guyI have never heard of has been sending me emails asking me to contact him. When I click on the link it goes to a BT screen asking you to put in passwords which obviously I dont do. I have reported the details to BT who did say they would deal with it but I have had another since. So yes watch out folks there are scumbags about.

So a guy you have never heard of sends you an e mail & invites you to "click on a link" & you click on the link
    Not the brightest thing to do roly
    Why click on the link?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So a guy you have never heard of sends you an e mail & invites you to "click on a link" & you click on the link
    Not the brightest thing to do roly
    Why click on the link?
    Didn't invite me to do it Exile but probably not a good move admittedly. Didn't give any password details.

We kept getting these calls,plus the "normal" ones from the sub-continent so we got a call blocking phone from bt and
    the good side is now we don,t get any-the down side is no-one calls me.

Dont need scammers. Price going up by 4 quid a month.
    Second rise this year.

They came out today. My 4k box has been on the blink. They said 85 quid if it was a fault in house
    I said course it is in house you bell end. The box is shagged.
    He said might be aerial issue.
    No all other teles work.
    I said hurry up my dog is fed up in his cage. He needs to come out.
    Bt man. I think the problem is with the box. I'll give you a new one
    Trouble is I like bt sport or I would tell them to swivel.

Older folk like my in laws are regularly targeted - they don't have any cable subscriptions or BT either but it doesn't stop these scammers

*******s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast