+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T BT Scam Beware

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Didn't invite me to do it Exile but probably not a good move admittedly. Didn't give any password details.
    Roly - never, ever click on a link unless it's from a reputable source, and in fact I'd go as far as saying don't even click on links that appear from reputable sources. If it's a 'phishing' email it doesn't matter what you do once you arrive at the site the link points to, the damage is already done, malware/ransomware will have been downloaded unless you have really good security installed. This type of phishing makes IBS' fishing seem like child's play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I am with sky for TV, phone line & broadband.
    While out today my son had a telephone call from someone saying they were
    from BT, & that my broadband had been hacked, & everyone on street using my service.
    & they were going to cut our line off.
    When I got home I knew it was a scam, but still reported it to Sky.

The number its coming from is 01695218324 so beware, I tried the number, voice message said
    taking no calls at the moment.
    What they are after is getting access to your bank account, it seems, son checked number on internet
    a lot of people talking about it.
    Problem is some people might fall for the scam.
    Had mine today from 01527493211. Simply an automated voice stating my broadband was going to be disconnected within 24 hours etc so.......I disconnected the phone call!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12