+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michel Platini questioned by anti-corruption investigators - World Cup to Qatar 2022

Thousands of foreign workers have died building those stadiums, calling it a Hovel is being very generous indeed. Nobody will boycott as football is all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Hovel of a nation - you're having a laugh.

Ok, questionable human rights and maybe currupt - but describing it a hovel shows total ignorance.
    The abuse of human rights in Qatar is not questionable, it is unquestionable. Corruption in Qatar is not a maybe, it's a certainty.

Even if Platini is found guilty you can hear the excuse already “ oh they’ve already built the stadiums so we have to carry on”

Mind you, are we absolutely certain that the game in England is clean of corruption?

Like I said it has questionable human right (to clrify for Tony foreign migrant workers have died building the stadiums) and it may be corrupt but it is no hovel.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    I can only assume you've drank a large amount of Tsingtao to make such a silly comment, because normally you're a reasonable and sensible contributor to this forum
    Thought it was sensible Davey - lol Ive been on the Bud all weekend btw!!

I've been in both places. I love Barnsley and particularly Rotherham, and socially and culturally I would choose the live here. But, in terms of economic wealth and quality of life for the local population, we are third world by comparison.

If I was after a great night out with brilliant company it will be here every time. A night out in Barnsley in the 90s was like Ibiza. If I was looking for a 5 star luxury lifestyle (which Im not) its Qatar. The place if stunning - the most un-hovel like place Ive ever visited.

This is from wiki (we all love a bit of copy and paste) "The country has the highest per capita income in the world. Qatar is classified by the UN as a country of very high human development and is widely regarded as the most advanced Arab state for human development. Qatar is a high-income economy, backed by the world's third-largest natural gas reserves and oil reserves."

Ive seen a report classing South Yorks in the bottom 10 of the poorest in Northern Europe.

I've been in both places. I love Barnsley and particularly Rotherham, and socially and culturally I would choose the live here. But, in terms of economic wealth and quality of life for the local population, we are third world by comparison.

If I was after a great night out with brilliant company it will be here every time. A night out in Barnsley in the 90s was like Ibiza. If I was looking for a 5 star luxury lifestyle (which Im not) its Qatar. The place if stunning - the most un-hovel like place Ive ever visited.

This is from wiki (we all love a bit of copy and paste) "The country has the highest per capita income in the world. Qatar is classified by the UN as a country of very high human development and is widely regarded as the most advanced Arab state for human development. Qatar is a high-income economy, backed by the world's third-largest natural gas reserves and oil reserves."

Ive seen a report classing South Yorks in the bottom 10 of the poorest in Northern Europe.
    Your taking my hovel comment out of the context I meant it to be .

I'm not that thick not to know it's a wealthy country but like Saudia Arabia it's got a questionable attitude towards human rights and corruption .

It's a hovel in that its got a third world attitude to the above .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Your taking my hovel comment out of the context I meant it to be .

I'm not that thick not to know it's a wealthy country but like Saudia Arabia it's got a questionable attitude towards human rights and corruption .

It's a hovel in that its got a third world attitude to the above .
    Oh ok. You use a word and Im meant to know you have a different meaning for it.

You needed to rail back from post 9
    "Highly amusing someone that hails from Barnsley describing Qatar as a hovel."
    Patronising claptrap

Patronising claptrap
    How do you defend your view of Barnsley as being a hovel

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Patronising claptrap
    How do you defend your view of Barnsley as being a hovel
    I wouldn't worry. You should see what posters say about London! :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast