+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Commentary

Football Commentary

Is anyone else finding sport commentary, especially football, filled with completely unnecessary facts and gibberish?
    It seems like they are afraid to pause and take a breath, I've taken to watching the Women's World Cup with the volume off . I much preferred the Wolstenholme approach, maybe its because the majority of viewers have never been to a live match and need every single pass and throw-in analysed . is their a red button where you can switch off the culprits and just leave the crowd noise ?

Well, there's a place at NYS where you can even switch off the crowd noise. It's called the Family Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Well, there's a place at NYS where you can even switch off the crowd noise. It's called the Family Stand
    Don,t tell every one,I sit there for some peace and quiet and maybe a little snooze

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    Don,t tell every one,I sit there for some peace and quiet and maybe a little snooze
    I know, you can hear your snoring above the chants!

I was watching a bit of the England game the other night when the comms said to the co comms that she wasn't saying enough and he even said that she'd not shut up all day!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I was watching a bit of the England game the other night when the comms said to the co comms that she wasn't saying enough and he even said that she'd not shut up all day!
    I think there is ***ual tension between those two.

I think there is ***ual tension between those two.
    Jees! I hope not! Can you imagine the ratings

I find it's got better since Motson packed in, he just babbled facts and the only time he got animated in England games was when the opposition were attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    I find it's got better since Motson packed in, he just babbled facts and the only time he got animated in England games was when the opposition were attacking.
    Motty is a living legend and a National Treasure. Leave him alone

Motty is a living legend and a National Treasure. Leave him alone
    He used to bore the hell out of me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast