+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tory Leadership debate

Tory Leadership debate

Did anyone watch it? Like a fool I sat through it all.

A complete shambles and I honestly wouldn't trust any of them to run my bath.

No answers on crucial questions...yet one of these jokers will actually be in charge of our country in a few weeks.

Absolutely shocking.

I watched it, a complete waste of time. Just another episode of the Beebs long running 'Get Boris' campaign. They must have had a team of researchers on his case as Emily had a clipboard full of Boris quotes, which she reeled off with monotonous regularity. She even tried to derail him with a comment about the London congestion charge, while he was responding to a question on Northern Ireland. Every opportunity was taken to attack him and quite predictably the token Muslim was wheeled on so they could bring up his letterbox comment. A token ****ager was wheeled on to virtue-signal about the environment, after Greta the BBC just had to do that didn't they, a hysterical woman looked like she was going to burst into tears at any moment because her husband, who worked in property, could lose his job as a result of a no deal Brexit, or so she said, there was no evidence. On and on it went, I stuck it out to the end out of curiosity, but I was mightily relieved when it was all over, the only highlights being when Emily kept getting irritated by Boris's astute tactic of constantly and studiously ignoring her interruptions.

There were no winners, and just the one loser, the BBC, for inflicting this tedious pretence of a serious political debate on it's viewers. It also illustrated how wise Boris was not to get involved in the C4 farce, he'll go far that lad.
    Last edited by sinkov; 18-06-2019 at 10:47 PM.

I would rather have a heart attack and die than sit through one hour watching these Tory cretins being debated by the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I would rather have a heart attack and die than sit through one hour watching these Tory cretins being debated by the BBC.
    A wise decision to avoid it BT, you would have learned absolutely nothing new, we're all already well aware of where these people stand on all the issues, and it's only Tory MPs and Party members making the decision anyway, so what was the point, apart from the obvious one that it was an opportunity for the lefty BBC to indulge itself in it's favourite pastime of Tory bashing. The dire state of the Tory Party, and indeed politics in the UK itself, is exemplified by the rise of Roderick Stewart, if this Old Etonian half-wit is in the running to become leader of the Tory Party and thus our PM, as indeed he is, then God help us all.

[B]"Roderick Stewart, if this Old Etonian half-wit"[/B and they claim the class system is dead and buried sinkov?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 19-06-2019 at 08:35 AM.

[B]"Roderick Stewart, if this Old Etonian half-wit"[/B and they claim the class system is dead and buried sinkov?
    Apparently he was a bright boy at Eton BT, and as we know only the brightest of the bright go there. I love the nickname he's acquired, due to his self-professed expertise on middle-eastern affairs, Florence of Belgravia. Genius.

"The BBC is facing questions after an alleged anti-Semitic Imam and a Labour Party council candidate were allowed to grill Tory leadership hopefuls on Islamophobia during last night's live debate.

Abdullah Patel asked Boris Johnson if his remarks on Islam "had consequences", but the Imam's Twitter account revealed a number of controversial posts including claiming the abuse of Jews was being "abused by the Right" to further a political agenda.

Meanwhile, the man who asked the last question was Aman Thacker - a man hired by Labour HQ as a legal assistant in 2018 and who stood for election for Southwark council in the same year, according to Guido Fawkes.

Referring to the inclusion of the Imam, MP Nadine Dorries said the "fault was with the BBC" insisting the broadcaster "should have checked" before allowing Mr Patel to take part in the live debate. She added: "Instead they used an Imam with a truly disturbing anti semitic twitter feed. It was a wholly biased, disgraceful 'get Boris' exercise. Why should anyone pay a licence fee for that level of attempted sabotage?"

Nothing new really, it's what the BBC does.

What's with this Tories hate Muslims, Labour hate Jews malarkey? I don't believe either is the case, the Tories hate everybody!

What's with this Tories hate Muslims, Labour hate Jews malarkey? I don't believe either is the case, the Tories hate everybody!
    That is so unfair BT, the Tories love the rich, and if you chuck a bit of your riches their way they might love you enough to find you a seat in the House of Lords. They are not ungrateful.

What the phuck is this Tory Leadership farce all about? Just give it to Eton Chops alias the Japanese Kiddy Basher and then we can all get ready for a No Deal Brexit.

Don't know if you have noticed sinkov, but the Tories read your "Eton half-wit" comment and jettisoned the cretin?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)