Hiya Dorset. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I loved that remarkable bit of film you posted showing the illuminated train on the Paignton - Dartmouth line. How well attended was it?

That stretch of line is my all time favorite. The climb out of Dartmouth with the River Dart and the Marina and the Naval College on the left and the descent into Goodrington at the other end of the line have the most spectacular views. For many years when I was a kid we spent the summer at the Waterside Caravan Park just outside Goodrington so days were spent on the beach watching all the holiday specials heading towards Dartmouth, great stuff! I can also remember taking the train to Churston and then the branch line to Brixham.

I have been back a number of times since moving to the US. My kids loved the caravan vacation thing [unkown in the US], and the trains of course. I road the train again last year, I think, I will see if I can dig up the film I took. Not in the same league as yours obviously.

Take care.