+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The intriguing bauer saga

I am pretty sure we wont lose much sleep over dack going.
    The reported 15-18 million would absolutely revolutionise this squad.
    Last season our defence let us down on more than one occasion,if we have any lofty aspirations this area needs improving.
    Lenihan leaving would worry me far far more than dack going.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I am very surprised at your assessment of Rothwell. Yes - he might be seen as a bit of a luxury player, but I thought he added a spark in the final games because he is less predictable than most of our squad.
    Mowbray rightly assesses the opposition before choosing a team. There are certain situations where Rothwell wouldn't be suitable - games where we are almost guaranteed to be on the back foot, for instance, but it is essential to be able to call on people like him and Chapman, who can beat a man.
    Incidentally, someone posted a list on the Telegraph, showing our summer transfer activity over the last eight/nine years. This summer is nothing new. The vast majority of deals have been done from July onwards.
    Don't get me wrong. I would love to see three new arrivals along the spine. I'm just saying that finding three who would be a significant step-up on what we have already will be a very big ask, given our resources and the fact that we are no longer a big-name club.
    In particular, I can't see other Championship clubs releasing players of the quality we need in June. Why would they? As the pressure goes on in late-July, panic sets in and strange things can happen. Until then, we have four options outside our current squad: foreign imports; Scotland; the lower Divisions; PL players out on loan. The trouble with the last is, it will mainly consist of "promising youngsters" - and, God knows, we have enough of them ourselves! Obviously, we might be able to winkle out another Reed, but the better players, like him, only tend to become available when the PL clubs have settled their squads for the season - again, right at the end of the window. The Scottish market is an interesting one, because bargains have been had there before. Unfortunately, it is difficult to assess just how good a player is when the overall quality of the game is poorer, as is the case in the lower Scottish leagues.
    To be honest, if there is any possibility of getting Hanley, I think we should snatch at it, because I can't see many better options cropping up.
    I do tend to agree Aucks. And take your point on Rothwell. Just going off hundreds of players I've seen down the years who aren't quite good enough. Compare him to Dack? Similar position, same sor5 of age. While Dack is far from the best around, he is on another level. Dack is a footballer. Rothwell shows signs, but lacks various things. His passing is nowhere near good enough. I've never seen him cross a ball. Worrying as he plays on the wing sometimes. He has a head down and run style. Good players always have their heads up. They see the next pass before others. Like Dack. He is a well balanced lad, and scored a few good goals. Let's hope I'm wrong, and he becomes essential. Again though, I'm not a fan of players you can only play on certain games. Dack plays against everyone. And delivers. That is also a concern. Are we that good t9 be carrying players? Not too sure we are. Personally, I don't think he will make it at this level. May be Div1. Not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I am pretty sure we wont lose much sleep over dack going.
    The reported 15-18 million would absolutely revolutionise this squad.
    Last season our defence let us down on more than one occasion,if we have any lofty aspirations this area needs improving.
    Lenihan leaving would worry me far far more than dack going.

The club have stated today this is a load of rubbish (this latest round of made up stories) and Dack has not asked to speak to anyone. And no club has made contact with us.
    I think the same Robin, the one I fear we will lose is Lenihan. And that is a worry, as it is our weakest area by far.

Aucks said above, if we have a chance of signing Hanley, then we need to make sure it gets done. And not let some other side sneak in at the 11h hour to offer him more than we can. I'd say getting this deal over the line is pretty essential.

Rothwell is an impact player much like Chapman.
    In my opinion,dack going would allow brereton to make that role his own.

Rothwell is an impact player much like Chapman.
    In my opinion,dack going would allow brereton to make that role his own.
    Personally, I hope Rothwell being around does not stop Butterworth playing. Which I fear will happen. Both very similar.

I too echo that sentiment.
    On another note champs,I am coming to ewood end of September to watch the Luton game with my brother in law and his son,naturally they will go in the away end.
    Where do you usually sit as I could try and sit near you plus someone to natter to.

I too echo that sentiment.
    On another note champs,I am coming to ewood end of September to watch the Luton game with my brother in law and his son,naturally they will go in the away end.
    Where do you usually sit as I could try and sit near you plus someone to natter to.
    Hey pal. Basically, I sit on the halfway line in the Riverside. About 10 rows up, seat 85. I'll get home later and tell you my actual seat number. The row behind (last season) was pretty much empty all last season. The one thing we dont have to ever worry about at Ewood is finding a few seats together!!

Auks, are you planning a trip over to Blighty anytime soon?

Ok Phill that sounds good.
    Never sat in the riverside,usually the Blackburn end or occasionally the Walker stand.
    Nearer the time we will discuss.

Another benefit of being a pensioner is a season ticket for the best seats in the house for just £299

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)