+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The intriguing bauer saga

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Ok Phill that sounds good.
    Never sat in the riverside,usually the Blackburn end or occasionally the Walker stand.
    Nearer the time we will discuss.
    Yeah just let me know nearer the time.
    It's not bad in there have an ok vantage point , I much prefer the upper tier Jack Walker but it's too much ££ for me.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Another benefit of being a pensioner is a season ticket for the best seats in the house for just £299
    You just can't grumble at that though can you. It's bloody good value when you see how many decent games you get to see live. Ok, it's not the best standard, but does make it up a bit in other ways. Alot of last season I got to see 2 pretty evenly matched sides battling it out. You don't get that in the Prem. Would watching Man City win 6-0 very home game actually be much fun? I think I'd get bored quickly with that.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Auks, are you planning a trip over to Blighty anytime soon?
    Champs - I'd love to, but we've just returned from a month in Italy and Greece. That was not something we'd planned, but our son and his family are away from NZ for six months, so we arranged that trip to hook up with them.
    Even putting the cost aside, we are finding the 30-hour journeys and the jet-lag pretty tough nowadays.
    We know a couple who are rich enough to spend April to September in England every year, and the other six months in Auckland. I'd love to be able to do that, but the NZ Lottery hasn't come up trumps yet!
    It's just possible that we will be over in 2021, if we can afford two or three-day stop-overs on the way, but it might be hard for me to persuade my wife to come in the winter!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I'd love to, but we've just returned from a month in Italy and Greece. That was not something we'd planned, but our son and his family are away from NZ for six months, so we arranged that trip to hook up with them.
    Even putting the cost aside, we are finding the 30-hour journeys and the jet-lag pretty tough nowadays.
    We know a couple who are rich enough to spend April to September in England every year, and the other six months in Auckland. I'd love to be able to do that, but the NZ Lottery hasn't come up trumps yet!
    It's just possible that we will be over in 2021, if we can afford two or three-day stop-overs on the way, but it might be hard for me to persuade my wife to come in the winter!
    Where abouts in Italy did you go?
    I can imagine the journey over here is a real killer. And it's not worth it unless you stay for a while. At least you get to see Rovers most weeks. Are you going to get IPTV next season?

We met our family in Sicily, specifically Syracuse, which is a beautiful city, especially the walled old town on the sea, called Ortigia.
    Then the two of us went walking (or "tramping", as it's known in NZ) on Tinos and Andros, two of the Cyclades islands. We finished with five days in Athens. So it was a month altogether.
    The weather was superb, but I can tell you, it's a bit grim to return to mid-winter! I've never had major problems with jet-lag before, but I'm having real issues with sleep-patterns this time. Still, it's meant I've got to see some of the cricket!
    I'm waiting to see what's available for watching next season. There seem to be one or two possibilities.
    I'm still debating what to do about the Rugby World Cup as well, because it's not being broadcast on mainstream channels here. Oh for the old days, when there were only about three tv choices - mainly the Beeb! I remember Springs**** bringing out a song called, "57 Channels And Nothing On". I reckon you could multiply that by ten now.
    I'll have to stop there, as I am entering what my wife calls, "Grumpy Old Man Mode"!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)