+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New strip officially a tribute to fairs cup......??

New strip officially a tribute to fairs cup......??

Club have officially launched the new strip and claim that the monstrosity is a tribute to the 69 fairs cup win. Surely its a year too late as next season will be 51st anniversary. Also the only thing on the shirt itself from 69 is the collar, but everything is ok cos they found some cheap Donay socks that look the same as we wore then
    Last edited by malamoto; 19-06-2019 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling to instead of too

I've been reading all the negative comments about the strip and I agree that it looks nothing like the 1969 one (wish it did tbh). But (tin hat on) I quite like this strip and I like the black and white badge.

(Obviously not buying it, though, till the Fatman f*cks off)

It's not worst one i've seen us have in recent years.

At least it doesn't have W***A splattered all over it !

I think it's awful

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Club have officially launched the new strip and claim that the monstrosity is a tribute to the 69 fairs cup win. Surely its a year too late as next season will be 51st anniversary. Also the only thing on the shirt itself from 69 is the collar, but everything is ok cos they found some cheap Donay socks that look the same as we wore then

everyone seems to be hating on it, i actually quite like this strip if im being honest

Most expensive in the Premiership too.

Looks nothing like it if you ask me.Also just imagine if Ashley has put the prices sky high as if the takeover happens he thinks everyone will race out and buy the new shirt.Just a wishful thinking thought.

Season ticket prices up and most expensive kit. . . He's a ****.

Dont get me wrong I really dislike this shirt however if we had an owner who would invest the proceeds into the club. Whether it be players, academy , training facilities or the ground I would still pay the extortionate price for it. However we don't so I won't. Thats something the fat one can not seem to grasp. If he invested properly he would gain a whole lot more. For a so called good business man he is a fecking eejit

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)