+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Valuations

Player Valuations

There are lots of conversations happening about the ammount that is to be paid for this, that and the other player but who sets the price?

We can say that it is market forces and supply and demand but there must be a calculation/formular that exists that determines how uch a club should offer for a player it wants.

It must be a minimum price surely and then the market takes over if more than one club is after the same player.

There are websites that put players valuations on but what does it base it's valuations on?

Always comes down to what someone is prepared to pay

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    There are lots of conversations happening about the ammount that is to be paid for this, that and the other player but who sets the price?

We can say that it is market forces and supply and demand but there must be a calculation/formular that exists that determines how uch a club should offer for a player it wants.

It must be a minimum price surely and then the market takes over if more than one club is after the same player.

There are websites that put players valuations on but what does it base it's valuations on?
    It ALL depends how BiG or little the buying or selling clubs are.

Take say Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City etc for instance, when they part company with a young fringe player. They very rarely offload a player below the several millions pound mark.

They suck up all the younger players across all the leagues and pay bottom dollar but once they've signed forms with them their value rockets overnight, why?

Now let's look at Peterborough as opposed to us. Posh sell and sell BIG whereas we will accept chicken feed, why? Do you honestly think they would have accepted anything below 4/5 million for Vaulks if he was their player? No, I don't think they would as they have far better people in control of their well structured set up while we have the likes of Douglas et al.

I guess many clubs see us as a soft approach, always have and always will.

Motherwell have accepted a bid of £3.25m from Norwich for one of their midfielders according to Sky ,s website.
    That's a lot of money for a player outside the 4/5 big clubs up there

I think the price depends on the past transfers look at Marriott went for 5 million including add on. No experience in championship but still a high price because of how many goals he scored in league 1. Now if your a championship club and have a player with 15 goals or assists and a big club comes in for one of your first team players the club will be hold on a min someone payed 5 million for a untested L1 players why should we sell our proven championship goal scorer for peanuts when he went for 5 times more than what your offering.

Brin I do think Peterborough would have accepted a lot less that 4 / 5 million for Vaulks, because he is in the last year of his contract, and his price will drop significantly in January with even less time before he goes for free. Jack Marriott was signed in 2017 by Peterborough on a 4 year deal so they could afford to wait for the right price. We can't with Vaulks. I personally would have snatched their hands off for 1.5m. Put a sell on clause on the deal and hopefully he will move to the prem from Cardiff and we can cash in.

I remember speaking to an ex pro when I was playing in the same team. He said that if a player plays 100 games as a pro he's practically guarenteed a contract. Managers will take a punt on a player who's played rather than someone who's sat on the bench.

Will the computer programme that all teams use give a price indicator on it?

I've seen that players are bought and sold on the games consoles. It won't surprise anyone when I say that I've never played on one so don't have a clue how it gives a price of a player but there must be a market for this info.

The GPS systems that all of the players wear will give information to the clubs who owns the players contract but is this available to everyone who has the software? You can see the stats on all players on different formats but what happens to the training data?

Can this give an indication that a player is putting extra work in or isn't doing as much?

Surely this info must be as part of the price. It can't be down to just how much a club wants a player so that's how much they'll pay.

I remember speaking to an ex pro when I was playing in the same team. He said that if a player plays 100 games as a pro he's practically guarenteed a contract. Managers will take a punt on a player who's played rather than someone who's sat on the bench.

Will the computer programme that all teams use give a price indicator on it?

I've seen that players are bought and sold on the games consoles. It won't surprise anyone when I say that I've never played on one so don't have a clue how it gives a price of a player but there must be a market for this info.

The GPS systems that all of the players wear will give information to the clubs who owns the players contract but is this available to everyone who has the software? You can see the stats on all players on different formats but what happens to the training data?

Can this give an indication that a player is putting extra work in or isn't doing as much?

Surely this info must be as part of the price. It can't be down to just how much a club wants a player so that's how much they'll pay.
    Wanna bet?

Take the young Swansea lad ??? who's just signed for Man Utd. In January Leeds United all but had him signed up for 1.5 million but Swansea wanted just that bit more so Leeds backed out. Man Utd have just shelled out 18 Million for him, how can his saleable figure jump from 1.5 to 18 million in 5 months? Clubs will pay anything if they want a player so bad.