+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Southern To Leave Dundee United

David Southern To Leave Dundee United

YES!!!! Time for a fecking celebration that wage thief has gone!
    One of the last if not the last part of the snakes legacy gone from Utd

I cannot find the words to describe this news!

Still think there may be some other staff removals required, but willing to wait for those, but not too long.

For anyone who saw Reynolds interview on Arabzone, im sure you will agree that needs a serious shake up!

it now appears we are finally getting things sorted behind the scenes and this news is welcomed. brought in during the thompson regime when jackie was still in charge and has some how managed to keep his job while the club has been failing on and off the park. good that he is gone and steps are being taken to get us running like a proper club now.

hate to see people losing jobs but when people are in jobs they shouldnt be in or are not doing what they are brought in to do then they shouldnt be anywhere near said job.

Arabzone seriously needs to be ripped up and started again. we are soo far behind other clubs in terms of their in house media. interviews are horrendous, Quality of games are poor and the content you actually get on it doesnt justify the cost of getting it. Big improvements hopefully in that department

I would have thought he would have been away sooner in all honesty than now, I certainly can not think of anything positive to say about his time in post especially with it coinciding with a terrible spell for the club.

I noticed this advert so hopefully the standard of applicants is of a high quality and competency and that things on the online side of things improve.
    https://twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/s...022916096?s=19

Noticed Mad Mike was bigging him up on Facebook. That says it all really.

Thank f uck. The last of the poison regime is finally away

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Thank f uck. The last of the poison regime is finally away
    Yip, his time at Utd seemed to coincide with us imploding and dropping like a stone.

Not that I'm blaming him personally for turning us into a basket case. But did it not go pear shaped when he was at Hearts as well? Once can be put down to bad luck. Twice? Hmmm.

Seriously, not blaming him. But he was certainly a big part of the regime that took their eyes off the road and led to our almighty crash.

Does anyone know of a single positive thing he achieved during his tenure?

Thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Yip, his time at Utd seemed to coincide with us imploding and dropping like a stone.

Not that I'm blaming him personally for turning us into a basket case. But did it not go pear shaped when he was at Hearts as well? Once can be put down to bad luck. Twice? Hmmm.

Seriously, not blaming him. But he was certainly a big part of the regime that took their eyes off the road and led to our almighty crash.

Does anyone know of a single positive thing he achieved during his tenure?

Thought not.
    Did someone on here not say that he successfully served them in the club shop, season tickets I think it was?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)