+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PW and his ability as a Manager.

I had to look twice then...……….I thought it was an anagram!!

People seem to forget that Crooks was nowhere near fit enough when we first signed him.......and that's what the player himself said so the manager can hardly be criticised for not playing him until.he was up to speed.
    I expect him to.be our standout player next season and one of the first names in Warne's team selection.

OK but did it take from Jan to April to get fitter bearing in mind he must have had a certain level of fitness when he arrived.
    Way too long unless he had an injury

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    Hmmmm I wonder how many managers have ........ sorry how many rookie managers have tried to get promotion from league 1? Let me see .... Warny did it at his first attempt so based on that I’d say he knows exactly what he’s doing. Why are people on this site so intent on looking for negatives? In all my 35 years watching the millers I’d say the club has never looked as good as it does now on and off the pitch. Not only did he gain promotion at the first attempt he managed to turn around the mentality of players who probably in their career won’t have suffered such a damaging relegation. Miracles it what he achieved. We only went down due to a poor transfer window in January that cost us big time. I honestly think it’s fair to say had we got a decent goal scorer mid table would have been quite easily achieved. Was such a shame we were one player away from real progress, I think there is more to learn from Tony Stewart there than Paul Warne........IMO obviously 🙄
    agree with the above.

Our chairman let the club down by not investing in Jan

Even though he mentioned it I'm not sure he wasn't fit. A big factor was the speed/quality difference.
    I got a feeling we will see the opposite with wiles. I think he will not like the physical side of league one

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    Hmmmm I wonder how many managers have ........ sorry how many rookie managers have tried to get promotion from league 1? Let me see .... Warny did it at his first attempt so based on that I’d say he knows exactly what he’s doing. Why are people on this site so intent on looking for negatives? In all my 35 years watching the millers I’d say the club has never looked as good as it does now on and off the pitch. Not only did he gain promotion at the first attempt he managed to turn around the mentality of players who probably in their career won’t have suffered such a damaging relegation. Miracles it what he achieved. We only went down due to a poor transfer window in January that cost us big time. I honestly think it’s fair to say had we got a decent goal scorer mid table would have been quite easily achieved. Was such a shame we were one player away from real progress, I think there is more to learn from Tony Stewart there than Paul Warne........IMO obviously ��
    Did Ronnie ever manage it again or even Evo for that matter and both won 2 promotions on the trot. History has no bearing on what will happen in the future of Managers otherwise no team would have ever looked abroad for one.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Did Ronnie ever manage it again or even Evo for that matter and both won 2 promotions on the trot. History has no bearing on what will happen in the future of Managers otherwise no team would have ever looked abroad for one.
    Your missing my point here, Warne rookie manager and promotion straight after a hugely damaging relegation (worse EVER points total) that’s how damaging. Now please correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t both Ronnie and Evo experienced managers by the time they took the millers job?
    Ronnie was assistant manager at tranmere for 9 years before a year at Southport.
    Evo was a manager 18 years before he became millers supremo.
    Can hardly draw on comparisons there can we?

Paul Warne is learning all the time.
    Yes he will have got his tactics wrong formation etc.
    If we brought in another manager so would he/ she/ gender neutral 😊 make them too.
    I think most of his signings have worked out pretty well.
    I do agree though the fans will turn if we’re not up near the top of the league next season unfortunately.
    I’m predicting top 2 and I’m never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Paul Warne is learning all the time.
    Yes he will have got his tactics wrong formation etc.
    If we brought in another manager so would he/ she/ gender neutral �� make them too.
    I think most of his signings have worked out pretty well.
    I do agree though the fans will turn if we’re not up near the top of the league next season unfortunately.
    I’m predicting top 2 and I’m never wrong.
    Pocket let me know when you're backing 2-1 again, I need to boost next years holiday fund.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast