+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PW and his ability as a Manager.

😂😂👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Paul Warne is learning all the time.
    Yes he will have got his tactics wrong formation etc.
    If we brought in another manager so would he/ she/ gender neutral 😊 make them too.
    I think most of his signings have worked out pretty well.
    I do agree though the fans will turn if we’re not up near the top of the league next season unfortunately.
    I’m predicting top 2 and I’m never wrong.
    Yes PW is a wiser and more experienced manager than this time last year.

Don’t forget if we do replace him we have to interview a BAME candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    Your missing my point here, Warne rookie manager and promotion straight after a hugely damaging relegation (worse EVER points total) that’s how damaging. Now please correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t both Ronnie and Evo experienced managers by the time they took the millers job?
    Ronnie was assistant manager at tranmere for 9 years before a year at Southport.
    Evo was a manager 18 years before he became millers supremo.
    Can hardly draw on comparisons there can we?
    Actually you are the one missing the point here. What I am saying is that if all it takes is the experience of gaining promotion (Rookie or not) is needed then why are experienced and promotion winning managers failing at other clubs!

Quote Originally Posted by grist_to_the_mill View Post
    yes pw is a wiser and more experienced manager than this time last year.

Don’t forget if we do replace him we have to interview a bame candidate.
    lgbt :-)

As per 'BigLad' OP. About sums it up.

Some big mates have left but some still here - his friendship blurs his selection - up to now that's been a big problem that has to stop.

"Why are people on this site so intent on looking for negatives? "

No matter what you think about PW his naivety took us down twice and the second time after all the lessons were learned !

He's too much of a mates to some players and has a poor eye for potential players imo. He still fancies Yates for God's sake....Wood as captain this year and a regular player then PW will be closely scrutinised.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Even though he mentioned it I'm not sure he wasn't fit. A big factor was the speed/quality difference.
    I got a feeling we will see the opposite with wiles. I think he will not like the physical side of league one
    I'm not so sure about that Cayton. I would like to see him and Crooks together without a holding midfielder and I'd put money on Wiles getting stuck in a lot more.

I don't know how much of the tactics are down to Warne as an individual. I think Barker has more imput in the way we play. It was the same with Evans and Warnock where there number 2 had a lot more tactical nounce that either of the their bosses.

Being the manager means getting the best out of the staff you employ and to be fair to Warne he has surrounded himself with people that have been there and done it at this level.

Same goes with the nice part of him. The other managers we've had had best mates or good friends at the side of them. Him signing players that he can trust and people who can buy into his ethos isn't a bad idea.

If he survives this season and by doing it he will need to be in the play offs at minimum then the following season will make or break him.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "Why are people on this site so intent on looking for negatives? "

No matter what you think about PW his naivety took us down twice and the second time after all the lessons were learned !

He's too much of a mates to some players and has a poor eye for potential players imo. He still fancies Yates for God's sake....Wood as captain this year and a regular player then PW will be closely scrutinised.
    Which village do you live in ?
    Just so I can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I'm not so sure about that Cayton. I would like to see him and Crooks together without a holding midfielder and I'd put money on Wiles getting stuck in a lot more.
    I would love for crooks n wiles to be our main 2 though it's a big ask for both of them without a experienced campaigner at the side of them

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast