+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PW and his ability as a Manager.

PW and his ability as a Manager.

I like PW and think that he has potential to become a great manager for the Millers but he has to prove it this season both with his signings and where we finish at the end of the season.

He needs to improve on his tactical nous quite a lot as I feel that his where his main weakness is.

Last season he let himself down badly with his inability to understand that to win a game of football against teams that are struggling you have to attack them and make them nervous of pushing forward and he failed at that miserably and cost us a fair few points which would have seen us stay up.

With the loss of quite a few players ahead of the new season his metal is really going to be tested and tested to the limits of his ability not only as a manager but also as a coach.

Yes I'd agree with most of that. He needs to develop and push on but I think we'll see that anyway because the standard is lower.

We took the game to Forest , Villa, Stoke, Swansea and Wba towards the end of the season and had all those teams rattled at times. It's another thing doing it for 95 mins though as we all know.

Took far to long to discover the attributes of Matt Crookes as well

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Took far to long to discover the attributes of Matt Crookes as well
    I would have thought they were known before we decided to buy him. He just wasn’t played enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    I would have thought they were known before we decided to buy him. He just wasn’t played enough.
    pip_y, he will have no choice but to have to play him now Vaulks is going.

Like BLOS stated, Warne will now have to show this coming season that he has the bottle, nerve and nous how to attack when called upon in order to see a game out. Stick to 5-4-1 and he'll be gone before Xmas as this simply won't work next season. The fans will be on his back like nobody's business should he fail to deliver.

The dropping points from winning positions stat spoke for itself. As did lack of clean sheets.
    Once scoring the teams whole body language and shape changed until the inevitable equaliser came along.

Strengths - fitness, team spirit

Weaknesses - too nice, limited tactical ideas, tries to force square pegs into round holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Strengths - fitness, team spirit

Weaknesses - too nice, limited tactical ideas, tries to force square pegs into round holes.
    Who's this, kempoo?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Who's this, kempoo?
    Fitness, team spirit, too nice??? Leave it out

Hmmmm I wonder how many managers have ........ sorry how many rookie managers have tried to get promotion from league 1? Let me see .... Warny did it at his first attempt so based on that I’d say he knows exactly what he’s doing. Why are people on this site so intent on looking for negatives? In all my 35 years watching the millers I’d say the club has never looked as good as it does now on and off the pitch. Not only did he gain promotion at the first attempt he managed to turn around the mentality of players who probably in their career won’t have suffered such a damaging relegation. Miracles it what he achieved. We only went down due to a poor transfer window in January that cost us big time. I honestly think it’s fair to say had we got a decent goal scorer mid table would have been quite easily achieved. Was such a shame we were one player away from real progress, I think there is more to learn from Tony Stewart there than Paul Warne........IMO obviously 🙄

PW managerial ability is somewhere between biglardon and Guardiola.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast