+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bury face winding up order tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    That will probably be the cork out of the bottle and others may follow.

Question - If they are expelled from the league will the EFL allow the team that finished 3rd in the non league go in to league 2 and those who finished 4th in league 2 jump to league 1? Otherwise the numbers will go all to c.ock.
    Too late for that I'd imagine with all the fixture alignment that goes on etc. Just scratch their fixtures, relegate 3 from League 1 and have 1 extra promoted to the league next year. I'm sure the FL have a plan for these possibilities occurring

Millers ST holders will be asking for a refund due to 1 less game

Fair points but it may all depend if ANY club goes down. Imagine if more than one disappeared!

Bury,s first match at home vs MKD is now in serious doubt.
    EFL want assurances by lunchtime on Monday that Bury are a financially viable club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49133556

This could lead to a Tuesday (Bury) and Saturday (Portsmouth) cancellation in the same week.

Bolton might be in same boat yet .

EFL (I know we can’t blame it all on them) need to sort the organisation out and do much much better checks on owners, not just about money either

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567