+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bury face winding up order tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Manager gone to Plymouth and taken two players with him this week.
    New Manager from Truro City.
    Fans are not expecting them to win any matches this season as most players have left.
    Current owner is pushing for a CVA by 9 July and the inevitable points deduction.

Only shining light for them is that Dave Jones is assistant who did know something about football at certain stages of his career.
    Quite possible there are a number of other clubs that are only a couple of steps behind Bury in this respect - saddened that they are in this predicament

went to that match, ray pointer later of burnley fame scored 5 of the 6 goals.

How long is this farce going on for?

Players again haven’t been paid and refused to play Chester tonight

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49018548

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    How long is this farce going on for?

Players again haven’t been paid and refused to play Chester tonight

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49018548
    You couldn't make it up !

'The players say they have not been paid for 20 weeks and had no communication with the club's administrator'

People say players are massively over paid for a living, wonder how they're coping now? Not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'The players say they have not been paid for 20 weeks and had no communication with the club's administrator'

People say players are massively over paid for a living, wonder how they're coping now? Not good at all.
    I thought the players union paid them if yhey didnt get their wages.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I thought the players union paid them if yhey didnt get their wages.
    The PFA can make discretionary payments, as far as I know the cash has to be paid back.
    20 weeks without pay is a ridiculous situation to be in.

Any progress on the sale of Bury FC ?

Statement by club

I have seen the statement released by the players today. While it is riddled with factual inaccuracies, their position is understandable and one with which I have a great deal of sympathy. The fact they have not been paid would appear to have had a major impact on their collective mindset.

The ongoing situation has been continuously explained to them by Phil Parkinson. My team and I have been in dialogue with him since the first day of the Administration. We have also spoken to various agents, the PFA and the LMA to keep them apprised of the situation.

As football creditors, Phil, his staff and the players will get paid in full once the deal has been completed. This is in contrast to other creditors, who will receive nothing approaching that level of compensation.

Yes, the players have had to suffer hardship in terms of limited training facilities but decisions had to be taken in terms of finances and the need to prioritise payment of club staff was an overriding factor.

And, with the greatest respect to the players, they do not have a full understanding or appreciation of the club’s ongoing financial position. I am working within a budget to keep this club alive until a sale is completed.

However, the fact is I share many of the same frustrations as the players, the staff and all the fans who have shown incredible resilience and patience throughout this process.

We have reached a stage in the deal to sell the club to Football Ventures and are working tirelessly to complete the transaction.

It has been a complex process and one which has taken longer than I would have preferred considering the new season starts in just over two weeks. Now it is time for all parties to recognise the necessity for swift action and decisions to safeguard the future of the club.

Hopefully, supporters will be reassured by the fact plans for player recruitment, season ticket and match day prices are all in place, and will be activated immediately once a deal has been completed.

But one outstanding element of the deal, which is not under my control, is the sale of Whites Hotel.

Football Ventures' ownership model, one supported by the EFL, is based on a deal for both the club and hotel, so I would encourage all parties involved to act swiftly to ensure the pressing timeframe for completion is met.

I would implore everybody to drive through this deal and ensure this great football club is restored to its rightful position

Mark Littlenreplied via twitter

Mark Little
    @Litts_2
    Replying to
    @OfficialBWFC
    Iv not spoke to Phil Parkinson for months Paul. We find out whats happening next through local press. No one else. You say ‘with all due respect players dont understand’ how are we ment to understand when we don’t get told anything? ����*♂️

Apparently a Bury fan confronted the owner of the club about two days ago to ask some pertinent questions .

The owners response " I'll rip your ferkin face off"
    All recorded by other fans

This is what their fans are up against

Another two players have left and gone to Plymouth

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast