+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heaton turns down contract offer

Heaton turns down contract offer

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    This is because they must have promised Pope the shirt, I mean why would a man at pope s age settle for reserve when he was in the England squad ( he needs to play ).
    Plus from our perspective long term he’s a better bet and worth more

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    This is because they must have promised Pope the shirt, I mean why would a man at pope s age settle for reserve when he was in the England squad ( he needs to play ).
    Plus from our perspective long term he’s a better bet and worth more
    Being with the England squad again and seeing the salaries the other players are getting which he isn't, no doubt got him thinking it's time to go. The "Billy Big Bollox" syndrome can be very unsettling. Cash in now!

I don't think its Sean Dyche's style to guarantee anybody a shirt , at this point i'd think Tom Heaton has just turned down the opening offer on an extended contract , looking for extra money or a longer contract when he is in the England squad and having played a huge part in our remaining a Premierleague Club , its totally understandable in my opinion.

Looking at it from Heaton's point of view it is probably going to be his final contract.If he leaves next year on a "free" it is very likely another Club will offer him a lucrative deal.Burnley's decision is do we keep him or do we sell.With Pope on the books the sensible thing would be to cash in but it depends on whether anybody comes in with a good offer.

Great servant to club but imo pope is future. Deserves to choose his future whether at turf or elsewhere.

Tom Heaton owes us nothing, I won't criticise whatever he decides to do, possibly the best keeper I've ever seen in a Burnley shirt, and I go back to Colin McDonald's days.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Tom Heaton owes us nothing, I won't criticise whatever he decides to do, possibly the best keeper I've ever seen in a Burnley shirt, and I go back to Colin McDonald's days.
    I can never, ever get past Adam Blacklaw for the nomination of my favourite ever Burnley goalkeeper. Honestly I worshipped him as a kid and even went to his funeral.

Agree with you on the "Tom owes us nothing" sinkov. We certainly have had our money's worth out of Tom wages wise. We got him on a free and Eddie wants to spunk £15 million on him by all accounts. I'll clean the taxi then.

Attachment 12982

[QUOTE=The Bedlington Terrier;39250745]I can never, ever get past Adam Blacklaw for the nomination of my favourite ever Burnley goalkeeper. Honestly I worshipped him as a kid...

It's not just me then; TH's run him the closest though.

[QUOTE=afloatinclaret;39250799]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can never, ever get past Adam Blacklaw for the nomination of my favourite ever Burnley goalkeeper. Honestly I worshipped him as a kid...

It's not just me then; TH's run him the closest though.
    Yes me too. Remember him wiping away a tear at Wembley after the Cup Final. I used to see him regularly at his shop up Brunshaw, always friendly and game for a laugh. Stevo was a great goalie too.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)