+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ot. Jaw dropping

But if people find comfort in believing in God that's fine. Just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I was playing along, I don't actually think those things were created by any supernatural entity, I thought you would be smart enough to have worked that out, you seem to be doing a 'gotcha' as though you've caught me accidentally admitting I believe.

While I don't think he exists but I like to imagine what he might be like, a sort of evil dystopic version of the Christian god with big white beard is my preferred vision. I also like to imagine the Flying Spaghetti monster, since he is a much better god and also more plausible.

Do you believe in the Christian god Grist? Or in any supernatural being?
    As you get significantly closer to the end than the beginning, John, it becomes increasingly difficult, for obvious reasons, to be so rational and not want to believe in something beyond here (however unprovable it is, scientifically.) It will be interesting to see how your thoughts evolve as you age...

I'm still with your rational view - but it doesn't stop me envying (and, to some extent, admiring) those who have the certainty of a faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He exists then?
    In the minds of man

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Isn’t God wonderful?
    Is he? So you think he created all that then?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    As you get significantly closer to the end than the beginning, John, it becomes increasingly difficult, for obvious reasons, to be so rational and not want to believe in something beyond here (however unprovable it is, scientifically.) It will be interesting to see how your thoughts evolve as you age...

I'm still with your rational view - but it doesn't stop me envying (and, to some extent, admiring) those who have the certainty of a faith.
    I think that is exactly right CT
    An old friend of mine was a devout Catholic & we spent many an hour debating why he had the need of this belief crutch [so to speak]
    I always felt that my "reasoned" argument always carried more weight until one day in response to my question posed yet again as to why his reply was "it brings me comfort"
    End of my argument
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 20-06-2019 at 06:08 AM.

If the universe started with the big bang who or what was responsible for the singularity which proceeded it?

Deism could be something that may take your fancy everyone? It says that God created the universe but does not get involved with the running of it. After all, as Crash says, there would be a lot to be looking after!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Is he? So you think he created all that then?
    We might find out soon enough as we seem to be building new versions of Sodom and Gomorrah.

"Isn’t God wonderful"

Which one ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12